Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

T Fitting help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Fitting help

I ripped the t-fitting by the fuel rail that attaches the lines from the bypass valve and the intake manifold (see pic - I have an 86, this pic is for 89 but is the same part). I tried to purchase a t-fitting from the local auto parts store, but the ID for the bypass line and from the intake manifold are different and ithe smaller line keeps blowing out. I know many would recommend I replace all the vacuum lines. Unfotunately, work doesn't give me enough time to spend a day taking the intake manifold off and doing the replacement. Anyone know the porsche part # - I can't find it in my version of PET. Alternatively, has anyone found a way to use a brass T fitting - I think the only way may be to add a larger ID line with zipties to the smaller line from the intake manifold. Suggestions??? Thanks -

Jeremy

[IMG]J:\Documents and Settings\End User\My Documents\My Pictures\tfitting[/IMG]
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know what you are talking about. Go down to auto zone or some thing and buy 10 feet of vacuum line and just use normal t's. It will make you so much happier. I do not know where you can get those y fittings though.

-Ian
Old 07-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gratuitous bump
Old 07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zip ties should help with your blowing out problem, just get some of the little ones and zip them really tightly over the join.

Quick Reply: T Fitting help