Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Launching tips...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:08 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah kind of what I am thinking. I dont want to get my hopes up though. So im going to say a low 12 limping off the line trapping 118+

I would hope traps would be 122+ and if I get a could launch maybe a high 11. With slicks I could get a mid 11 I bet...but, who the hell puts drag slicks on a 951 and go's for max 1/4. I just want to see what it can do when given the chance.

The car was built to turn...still doesnt mean you cant have fun going in a striaght line.
Old 07-22-2005 | 07:11 PM
MR951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was expecting the "if you want to drag race get a ...." response and some you did not disappoint. FWIW (and as stated in the first post). I just want to get a base line. To those that contributed some useful info, thanks for the suggestions and comments. I'm gonna be changing fluids this weekend and hope to make it to the drag strip next weekend and report the results.

FWIW. I've taken my WRX to the strip a number of times and have not broken the "glass tranny" yet. I just hold it at 4k and slip the clutch and then once it gets going give it full throttle and release the clutch. Good for 2.0-2.1 60' times and low 14 sec 1/4 miles. On my MR-2 I could just dump the clutch at 4,000 and just power shift all the way to a 12.9 sec time repeatedly with a stock 80,000 mile old clutch. I miss that car.
Old 07-22-2005 | 07:45 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I want to see what type of traps the vitesse stuff can get...after all trap tells hp. I dont go often...I havent even been back after my current mods...but, I will return after I get my car where I want it.

It is after all my car....I will enjoy it how I see fit.
John, the only thing Vitesse that I'm still running is John's turbo. He makes great products but Chris White is down the road from me so I'm going with his Tec3 setup. So we'll see how Tec3 + Vitesse's turbo does against the local Honda boys in August or September on the dyno. For those of you talking about track days, and kicking those of us who have drag raced our cars. I would've been at the Glen with Niagara, and NER this summer, but seeing as howI had major vacuum issues, i destroyed my back and wasnt allowed to work on the car, and now the entire car is being rewired, I couldnt make it to events. Just because I have/will drag race my car, doesnt mean I dont do other things with it.
Old 07-22-2005 | 07:48 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MPD47
John, the only thing Vitesse that I'm still running is John's turbo. He makes great products but Chris White is down the road from me so I'm going with his Tec3 setup. So we'll see how Tec3 + Vitesse's turbo does against the local Honda boys in August or September on the dyno. For those of you talking about track days, and kicking those of us who have drag raced our cars. I would've been at the Glen with Niagara, and NER this summer, but seeing as howI had major vacuum issues, i destroyed my back and wasnt allowed to work on the car, and now the entire car is being rewired, I couldnt make it to events. Just because I have/will drag race my car, doesnt mean I dont do other things with it.

will be interesting to see goodluck with your build. Since I am looking at 5k myself to do everything the right way its going to be awhile for me. The car needs other things first.

Rest assured though when the kit is on and the car is tuned and ready to go...I will make some passes and keep my timeslips as usual.

I might even post the videos here...since after all it is at the track.lol

Quick Reply: Launching tips...