Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:38 PM
spyderman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, thanks for all the replies, those stage two headers look good, but are a bit expensive. my stock headers are fine, its just the crossover pipe thats damaged. I just bought the car less than a week ago, i bought it wrecked, the owner had hit a raised man hole cover and messed up a few things underneath, including the crossover pipe. also the motor is extremely modified, it has knife edged crank, carillo rods, light weight flywheel, highperformance clutch, it been bored out and has racing pistons, the head and intake have been ported polished, port matched, and ceremaic coated, k27 turbo, aftermarket mass air sensor, and a 3inch fabspeed exhaust. before the exhaust was put on, with the factory exhaust, it was dynoed at over 400hp at the cranki was just looking for some other options other than the stock headers and crossover to maybe get rid of some turbo lag. again thanks for all the response
Old 07-16-2005, 02:46 PM
spyderman
Instructor

oh, and i forgot, it has chips, and the head has been o-ringed, and the k27 had a lightweight turbine and some other upgrades i cant think of right now, I think i might just stick with buying a used stock crossover peice for now, cuz I got to buy a few other things for the under side also. thanks again
Old 07-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

400 at the crank? with that setup it should be around 400 at the wheels I would think? Maybe the K27 runs out of steam.
~Eyal
Old 07-16-2005, 04:29 PM
spyderman
Instructor

400 at the crank was with the stock exhaust system
Old 07-16-2005, 04:39 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few quick questions: Too what extent was it "bored out"? That will have a lot too do with spool up/turbo back pressure due too larger turbo/more exhaust gas. It's very important. You sound like you don't need headers, but might want to look at Lindsey racing, and Speed force racing, for multi piece crossover, and 3 inch down tube (from the turbo to the exhaust) The amount of increase also will have a serious bearing on the way/method and accuracy of your tuning. The stock headers help with exhaust velocities, so you're fine there, other than pulling them and having any leaks welded. Hopefully that's a start for you. There are quite a few over bored 951's on this board. If you're just say 101mm pistons, then stock is just fine, and the other vendors mentioned have what you need. (If it is close to 2.5, those are very nice numbers. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:14 PM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like those B&B headers, they are not finished on the inside which is where they really need to be finished because that is where the exhaust is flowing. Look inside the flange where they attach to the crossover pipe and you will see what I mean. The SFR headers are a much higher quality piece, they are finished beautifully.

BTW my car didn't come with headers at all so I had to make this decision two years ago. I decided on the SFR's.

-John
Old 07-16-2005, 05:16 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The B&B lost HP on that Euro Mag test didnt it?
Old 07-16-2005, 05:19 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Our stage 2 header makes a minimum of 30 horsepower at the wheels based on some independant testing from European Car and some of our cutomers.

The stage 1 header was test by Jon Milledge a couple years back on a completely stock car and it made 10 horsepower at the wheels.

We also have a new 304 or 321SS crossover that works with the stock headers or our stage 1 headers.We set it up as a two piece unit so you can use it with the stock turbo,T3 or T4 turbo. We have not had a chance to do any testing on this part yet.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:32 AM
spyderman
Instructor

the b+b headers look about the same as the stock headers. the only product I really like from them is the 930 headers. all the mufflers Ive seen made by them arent the best quality, and ive never seen one on a running car that wasent cracked. if I was going to get anything I would get the whole stage 2 kit from SFR, but for now its out of my budget, I just got the car and I have to get it in running condition before I could go for something like that, so for now im looking for a used stock cross over piece so if anyones got one, let me know. unless anyones got a used stage 2 header system for sale?

Quick Reply: 951 headers