Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

NEW Popup Headlight Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005 | 11:54 AM
future
Banned

Lightbulb NEW Popup Headlight Conversion

Although this offering may benefit some of us, the Rennlist guidelines on selling on the forums is very clear. If this user was a member, he would at least be able to post occasionally about his product. Here is a link to the Rennlist Charter , and a recent memo from John D.

Originally Posted by John D.
Lately, Rennlist has had a number of businesses and "marketers" soliciting their wares in threads and posts. Some are veiled, whilst others are more brazen. Since Rennlist is the single largest Internet site dedicated to Porsche automobiles and enthusiasts, it is bound to happen. But.......

To be clear, Rennlist would not exist except for paying Sponsors and Members - and they, along with us - feel it is unfair that they subsidize non-Sponsor sales and marketing efforts, often times with competing products with Rennlist Sponsors. In short, if you are not a Sponsor, the Rennlist Charter prohibits commercial posts to the Forums.

What is commercial solicitation? For example...

If you post We/our/my company has... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my product is... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my customers'... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my will be announcing... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my test results for our... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... - you are selling something....

If you/your company/product would like to have your unaffiliated/unbiased customers talk about your product - they are more than welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent - you are not.

Further, you are more then welcome to participate simply as an individual enthusiast - BUT NOT as a vendor/sales agent with a sales agenda. As well - a "Rennlist Member" does not broker you being a "Rennlist Sponsor" and acting as such, no more than being a Member of a car club entitles you to receive a free commercial full-page color advertisement in their monthly publication.

Finally - if you would like to become a Sponsor - the entry level flat rate is $125 per month, payable three months in advance for not less then one year. Your business will be listed as a Rennlist Sponsor on the Sponsor page without a banner in rotation - and your title changed to reflect your support of this site. You may PayPal your payments, fax a credit card or email jmunson@rennlist.com or admin@rennlist.com for other payment or Sponsor plans (such as a rotating banner, dedicated forum Sponsorship, etc.).

Until you become a paid Sponsor, please understand your "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the Rennlist community.

My thanks for your understanding,

John D.
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:59 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Looking good. i wanna see the pics of it installed on the car before i make any decision though. looking at the pics they look kool but not sure how it will look with it on the car.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:02 PM
future
Banned

I have already done a test fit and they look the excellent, but only want to show the pictures when they are painted in satin black so you'll have to wait until early next week.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:36 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks neat! I think black will look much better but ill wait to see them on the car...
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:41 PM
future
Banned

Brian, the pictures shown are with the covers finished in white primer so do require painting.

I personally think they will look best in satin black, but the company making them for me say they think thay will look better painted to match the car

I guess we will see when they are completed next week.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:42 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

I would vote for black - cant wait to see them.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:46 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Up till now, I haven't been a big fan of alternative lighting projects on the 944 and 951 boards.

But, that looks damn good. The primered part would look the best in Satin Black.

Nice job. Curious to see it completed, and feedback on lighting quality.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:48 PM
Dave E
Pro

How will the mechanism be altered to provide only half height when on?
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:48 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Old 07-14-2005 | 12:49 PM
eniac
Drifting

Well they would match my car perfectly, since it's white

I do like those light a lot. I was considering other light options also since I do not like the GT conversion. I was thinking of having the two small lights like that only not pop-up at all. Sort of like using the GT conversion but with those lights instead of the rectangle ones.

I am very interested in seeing these mounted also.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:59 PM
future
Banned

Dave the lights will come complete with adjustable bars to reduce the height.

In addition each light will be individually adjustable to make alignment easy.

testarossa_td - Nice photoshop work but you need to lower the light lids more to get the desired efferct that I am aiming to achieve

Thanks for all the feedback... Keep it coming and I will promise the finished product next week

Best regards,
Mark S.
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:03 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

I've often thought of such a mod for my headlights, so volunteer to be the guinea pig for your new headlights.

And, it seems these headlights would not need to pop up nearly as much as the stock configuration, so Testarossa's photoshop picture may show them in too-high position. A lower position would create significantly less aerodynamic drag. FWIW, it seems this new headlight assembly would only need to rise ~4" above flush with the header panel.

Finally, I'm interested in the other mods mentioned in your post. Got pictures?
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:08 PM
JoeN951
Instructor

what's your projected retail cost? looks good btw, reminds me of the last nsx with popup lights and the diablo's
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:11 PM
JoeN951
Instructor

i know the surrounds on the nsx are body colored...FWEIW
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:18 PM
future
Banned

I will know the retail cost next week when I have found a cheaper supplier for the light units which currently on there own work out at about £150.00 just for the lights. I recon I should beable to reduce this by about £30.00 if purchased in bulk - but please do not quote me on this until I know for sure

Quick Reply: NEW Popup Headlight Conversion