944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

NEW Popup Headlight Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005 | 06:13 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

I know its OT but maybe not quite as much as rugby. Will be at Silverstone on Monday as well, I think there are at least 8 944/968s booked in.
Tony
Old 07-16-2005 | 07:39 AM
future
Banned

'testarossa_td' Yes I am looking to purchase some early headlight units for the NA cars and will commision a kit you guys if there is plenty of interest!

How different are the NA light units (lid covers / housing etc)?

Regards, Mark

P.S. The molds are now finished so expect the finished items VERY SOON!!!
Old 07-16-2005 | 07:41 AM
NZ951
Race Director

You the man Mark. Got an indication on ANY of the parts prices yet?

PS apologies about the rugby, you guys tried your best
Old 07-16-2005 | 07:46 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Originally Posted by NZ951
PS apologies about the rugby, you guys tried your best
Don't you start! I'll have to slap you down again!
Old 07-16-2005 | 08:03 AM
future
Banned

'NZ951' - I will know all the prices next week so will pass on all the details then. Re Mark.
Old 07-16-2005 | 10:58 AM
Ty
Advanced

Default Thinking outside the box!!

I must admit that this is the best looking design for headlight conversions I've seen in a long time, besides the pantera changeover! ( I loved that too!) I do wish people would be more open and embrace more people thinking outside the box. I looovvvveee the design of my white 88' 951, but I would have loved to see what the 2005 951 would have looked like too! By people desigining and redesigning they are giving some insight on some of the possibilities of what it could have looked like. Post # 81 has my heart racing!!! Testarossa, you are the man and I don't want to be a pest with all the other request but can you do a prototype of one with a white 951 with the air splitter and newer vented nose panel. Also could the top of the head light covers line up with hood and nose panel horizontal line, which would lower the lights a little more but i feel it would look better aerodynamicly since all the other lines around the lights have symetry. Thanks to Testarossa and Future for the concepts!!!
Old 07-16-2005 | 11:18 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Testa, I love the title you put on that multi colored montage. You are more than welcome to be "the next Warhol". lol it has too be better than any other kind of "hole".

So back on topic, how much of our colonial money are you English going to try to steal for us to get this mod? Any ball park figures?
Old 07-16-2005 | 01:28 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by future
'testarossa_td' Yes I am looking to purchase some early headlight units for the NA cars and will commision a kit you guys if there is plenty of interest!

Regards, Mark

P.S. The molds are now finished so expect the finished items VERY SOON!!!
Face should be the same for the na, covers are different I think, but face is the same. So no new tooling should be needed.

Ty I will look into it. On the headlight covers with the lip they have to match the current contours of the front of the vehicle if you line the headlight straight across the line you will see the lip(maybe not as much in the other mock up I did-see earlier in the thread. but pretty close
Send me a picture of the header you want to use...there are way too many of them out there for me to pick and choose
Old 07-16-2005 | 01:54 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by future
Mark both the covers and the black surround have different part numbers. I couldnt tell you if the surround is physically different or not, but I know there is a seperate part number for the 951.
Old 07-16-2005 | 02:15 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I have to say I was never impressed with the headlight conversions in the past but this is in a league by itself ...
I would really consider this option ...
Teste, I wish I could have you go back and photoshop the last 3 yrs of my life ....
great job
Regards
Ed
Old 07-16-2005 | 08:44 PM
future
Banned

Just going back to the the early NA designed headlights... Are the internal headlight frame/mounts the same as the late 951 & S2?

From my studies of the early 944's and 924's the front nose panel looks to have a less curved design if you know what my poor explanation means

From my studies of the early 944 front end, I do not see that the design change required will be extensive. I spoke to the company making these for me today and they are more than willing to take this project on! I will ensure that they get started on this once they have finished mine.

They are already becoming acustomed to my 'must have now' policy so I'm sure these will be available in the very near future.

I will have some more feedback on this early next week.

Regards, Mark
Old 07-16-2005 | 09:41 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

thats great. We are looking forward to pics of the finished product.

Also some night shots would be cool too.
Old 07-21-2005 | 12:59 PM
BoostSciences
Advanced

So any new developments with this project ?

Bump
Old 07-21-2005 | 02:47 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Although this offering may benefit some of us, the Rennlist guidelines on selling on the forums are very clear. If this user was a member, he would at least be able to post occasionally about his product. Here is a link to the Rennlist Charter , and a recent memo from John D.

Originally Posted by John D.
Lately, Rennlist has had a number of businesses and "marketers" soliciting their wares in threads and posts. Some are veiled, whilst others are more brazen. Since Rennlist is the single largest Internet site dedicated to Porsche automobiles and enthusiasts, it is bound to happen. But.......

To be clear, Rennlist would not exist except for paying Sponsors and Members - and they, along with us - feel it is unfair that they subsidize non-Sponsor sales and marketing efforts, often times with competing products with Rennlist Sponsors. In short, if you are not a Sponsor, the Rennlist Charter prohibits commercial posts to the Forums.

What is commercial solicitation? For example...

If you post We/our/my company has... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my product is... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my customers'... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my will be announcing... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my test results for our... - you are selling something....
If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... - you are selling something....

If you/your company/product would like to have your unaffiliated/unbiased customers talk about your product - they are more than welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent - you are not.

Further, you are more then welcome to participate simply as an individual enthusiast - BUT NOT as a vendor/sales agent with a sales agenda. As well - a "Rennlist Member" does not broker you being a "Rennlist Sponsor" and acting as such, no more than being a Member of a car club entitles you to receive a free commercial full-page color advertisement in their monthly publication.

Finally - if you would like to become a Sponsor - the entry level flat rate is $125 per month, payable three months in advance for not less then one year. Your business will be listed as a Rennlist Sponsor on the Sponsor page without a banner in rotation - and your title changed to reflect your support of this site. You may PayPal your payments, fax a credit card or email jmunson@rennlist.com or admin@rennlist.com for other payment or Sponsor plans (such as a rotating banner, dedicated forum Sponsorship, etc.).

Until you become a paid Sponsor, please understand your "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the Rennlist community.

My thanks for your understanding,

John D.

Quick Reply: NEW Popup Headlight Conversion