Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Thinking of selling MAF

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 02:07 PM
eniac
Drifting

Default Thinking of selling MAF

I have a Huntley Stage 4 MAF I am thinking of selling and switching to a MAP. It would come with an ARCII, hoses, filter, j-pipe, harness, etc. Pics of it on my car are here.

Would there be any interest if I did decide to sell it?

btw, I am now a rennlist member, joined last week it just hasn't shown up by my avartar yet.
Old 07-06-2005 | 02:08 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

I would be VERY interested in it!! Let me know!!
Old 07-06-2005 | 02:36 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I'm very interested. You should email her, she would take care of that fore you.
Old 07-06-2005 | 09:34 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

eniac,
Why are you considering going with MAP, chip set up not good?
Old 07-07-2005 | 01:20 AM
eniac
Drifting

The MAF with the ARCII seems to work ok with any chips. Used it with both Autothority and stock chips, a little tuning with the ARCII and worked fine both ways. The only thing I do not like is since I'm in MI and the weather seems to change 15' every day, I am always having to adjust the ARCII slightly as the temp changes. There is no air temp sensor in this MAF.
I have always prefered a MAP over a MAF since with a MAP the only thing I will need in front of the turbo is a filter and there are no issues with an externally vented BOV. I settled on a MAF because it was cheaper.
Old 07-07-2005 | 02:08 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Welcome to the list and complements on the cool avatar!

I can see how the temp sensor would be a problem, hence the continual ARC changes. I'm really shooting for a kick butt plug and play.

Thanks, Kevin
Old 07-07-2005 | 11:07 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by eniac
The MAF with the ARCII seems to work ok with any chips. Used it with both Autothority and stock chips, a little tuning with the ARCII and worked fine both ways. The only thing I do not like is since I'm in MI and the weather seems to change 15' every day, I am always having to adjust the ARCII slightly as the temp changes. There is no air temp sensor in this MAF.
I have always prefered a MAP over a MAF since with a MAP the only thing I will need in front of the turbo is a filter and there are no issues with an externally vented BOV. I settled on a MAF because it was cheaper.
The TEMP changes problems are NOT related to the MAF. They are related to the improper software you are using, and to the fact that you do not have or an improperly operating IAT (Intake Air Temp).
The MAF software must handle the temp changes differently that the AFM software (I have been saying this for few years now).
Try a MAP, and if you think few changes when the temp changes annoys you, you will be back to MAF in no time.

I have seen this so many times! People always go to the cheaper product, then when not happy they switch to what they should have gotten in the first place.

Your options: Install a Intake Air Temp, get proper software for your MAF. Not trying to sell you a chip, HR MAF are not ones I like to work with.
Old 07-07-2005 | 11:53 AM
eniac
Drifting

John if the temperature stays within 10' or so I don't have to touch the ARCII. A few weeks ago the weather here was finaly stable and for those 2 weeks I didn't need to touch any of the *****. In a more temperate climate this MAF would be great. But here we can a 90' one day then 60' the next day. So that is what I was kinda saying, this MAF kit does NOT have an IAT. While it's not related to the MAF itself it IS related to the MAF kit. As with any MAF, a MAP will work just fine with the proper software.

Within 10'-15'F this is a "set and forget" MAF. Now here's the thing. I have consider my options and want to sell this MAF and go with a completely new system. I bought it used from iboreal, which it worked great for him also...much better then his Wolf3D is treating him. I have wanted a MAF to mate up to my 60-1 but didn't have the money for a new one. That is the only reason I bought a used kit.There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I just want something new now. I am very happy with this MAF for the price I paid for it (~450), which I would like to sell it for the same. I also bought all new hoses that come with it. So total I spent a little over $500 on it.

This post was just to see if anyone wanted to buy it here. I'll will just put it on ebay then and hope for the best. PM me if you are interested as I'll still entertain rennlist offers before any others but I will not agrue if a MAF is better then a MAP on this thread. There are plenty of threads on MAF vs. MAP, many on IAT in MAF's.
Old 07-07-2005 | 11:59 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Hey John,
I thought you're suppose to be on a holiday.
Your other half would not like the idea of you
peaking into this forum & not spending time
with her. Hah hah.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:09 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

An Intake Air Tempereature sensor is needed on MAF, MAP and AFM
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:12 PM
eniac
Drifting

I'll know by the 15th if I am for sure selling it or not.
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:13 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My main post was not to imply that your MAF kit is bad!! My main pointe is that MAP systems do not work well on the 951 with Motronic.

J Chen, I'm leaving soon
Old 07-07-2005 | 12:19 PM
eniac
Drifting

I agree about the motronic issues. If I got a MAP it would be part of a stand alone.
Old 07-07-2005 | 01:51 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

I know this is off topic, but what issues does the MAF have with an externally vented BOV?
Old 07-07-2005 | 02:09 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

You'll lose metered air that's already been calculated as being in the engine and cause a rich condition everytime it blows it off.......

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling MAF