Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse 4th of July MAF sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 12:46 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^email sent with above questions. sorry if I'm pushing you a bit, but I'm guessing someone else also has the cash on hand to pull the trigger, so I'm pushing you a bit. Thanks E
Old 07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Email sent to myself, I just felt lonely.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Indica
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never got a responce- my email not updated in my user CP. Could you resend?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:35 AM
gstreev
Racer

Do you have any dyno charts, how much HP / Torque can I expect for my S model which is
otherwise stock?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:57 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

As of this morning, I replied to all emails, in the order I received them.. Please note, that whoever pays for a kit first gets it. Details were emailed...

NOTE: If funds clear by the morning of the 7th, they will be shipped then. Otherwise shipping will take place on the 18th.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:00 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I will gladly pay you Tues for a Cheese,....er, I mean a stage II today.

Now get back to seeing who can hit SEND first.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:58 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"The Vitesse MAF on my car REQUIRES ABSO-****ING-LUTELY ZERO INPUT to go from 15 psi to 28 psi - the MAF performs as it should (as it does on every other MAF car in the damn world) - it picks up the airflow change and adds fuel. "

John, my appologies for posting this here on your FS thread, but I would like your opinion as well.

Lutjen: I'm glad you posted this as I was goiong to post in a thread alone asI had a very interesting discussion with my mech and he stated that same thing that you just did; EXCEPT he states that in bascially stock setup (bigger injectors, cv bypassed, KLR chip to eliminate boost cut off)

the abopve is true. As the stock computer and O2 will do the same. The sytems will adjust accordingly to any given boost increase. Which floored me as I have ALWAYS been told and rad that you can't just dial up the boost with out some sort of a/f controller.

FYI: The shop I go to and have gone to for the past decade is a Porsche ONLY shop and are the ones that owners send their Rolex/Sebring and Road Atlanta cars to, to prep, fix, maintain and somtimes crew chief. SO they know thier stuff.

His co owner actually drove a 951 as his personal car for many years and it was actually the VERY FIRST 951 to come into Florida. At the time, he was the head mechanic for Porsche/Mercedes dealership here in Orlando before opening his own shop.

He further went on to tell me that, not in a track situaiton, but on the street he ran with NO boost controller and would be running "2 bar". I said, oh, you mean 2 bar total? He said, no 2 bar as in 30psi. All on a bascially stock car and stock computer, NO PIGGY BACK. The car never had any problems or ever blew a headgasket, etc. I asked, well what about bigger injectors?? He said, you install them and at first until yo ugo into closed loop it runs rough, but via the O2 and DME, the a/f adjusts and then runs/idles fine.

True, it might not have been dead on a/f that you can get with custom software or tuning, but none the less the car ran and performed fine, for many years and hard street driving.

John???? Lutjen??????
Old 07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

[QUOTE=toddk911He said, no 2 bar as in 30psi. All on a bascially stock car and stock computer, NO PIGGY BACK.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance in hell. He must be older cause is memory is more than rusty. There are SO many reasons that could not have happened................
Old 07-04-2005, 01:47 PM
special tool
Banned

Yeah Todd - no way man.I can do that because I have a couple of mods but that guy is full of **** or confused.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

What is this guys email? I am the son of a late nigerian dictator and I need money to pay for the transfer of funds from a bank in switzerland to the United States....
Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by special tool
Yeah Todd - no way man.I can do that because I have a couple of mods but that guy is full of **** or confused.
The guy doenst know that the DME goes open loop and ignores the O2 sensor when on full throttle. Thats basic FI knowlege.
I'd say he's both.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:34 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by toddk911
"The Vitesse MAF on my car REQUIRES ABSO-****ING-LUTELY ZERO INPUT to go from 15 psi to 28 psi - the MAF performs as it should (as it does on every other MAF car in the damn world) - it picks up the airflow change and adds fuel. "

John, my appologies for posting this here on your FS thread, but I would like your opinion as well.

Lutjen: I'm glad you posted this as I was goiong to post in a thread alone asI had a very interesting discussion with my mech and he stated that same thing that you just did; EXCEPT he states that in bascially stock setup (bigger injectors, cv bypassed, KLR chip to eliminate boost cut off)

the abopve is true. As the stock computer and O2 will do the same. The sytems will adjust accordingly to any given boost increase. Which floored me as I have ALWAYS been told and rad that you can't just dial up the boost with out some sort of a/f controller.

FYI: The shop I go to and have gone to for the past decade is a Porsche ONLY shop and are the ones that owners send their Rolex/Sebring and Road Atlanta cars to, to prep, fix, maintain and somtimes crew chief. SO they know thier stuff.

His co owner actually drove a 951 as his personal car for many years and it was actually the VERY FIRST 951 to come into Florida. At the time, he was the head mechanic for Porsche/Mercedes dealership here in Orlando before opening his own shop.

He further went on to tell me that, not in a track situaiton, but on the street he ran with NO boost controller and would be running "2 bar". I said, oh, you mean 2 bar total? He said, no 2 bar as in 30psi. All on a bascially stock car and stock computer, NO PIGGY BACK. The car never had any problems or ever blew a headgasket, etc. I asked, well what about bigger injectors?? He said, you install them and at first until yo ugo into closed loop it runs rough, but via the O2 and DME, the a/f adjusts and then runs/idles fine.

True, it might not have been dead on a/f that you can get with custom software or tuning, but none the less the car ran and performed fine, for many years and hard street driving.

John???? Lutjen??????

If you so believe this guy, would you on your personal car run 30psi on a K26? With stock injectors? If you think it's doable, try it and please share with us the results.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Where's the video of the Eclipse trying race the BMW blowing a rod out the oilpan?
Old 07-04-2005, 03:13 PM
eniac
Drifting

Agreed, sooooooo many things wrong with that information.

Now as I understand the AFM, when the flap is fully open at WOT the injectors are flowing as much fuel as they can, or what the stock chip allows. So if the flap is full open at 30psi u won't be getting any more fuel then the flap being full open at 15psi. Certainly it impossible to maintain a 12:1 a/f in this state.

Well it might be possible to try that and not blow anything up for a little while since a stock K26 can't hold 30psi. He might get a boost spike then the PSI would drop down to 9 or 11 or whatever the K26 can actually maintain. I'm sure 30psi would also cause a few air leaks in the stock rubber hoses and TB seals over time.

I found that using my scatter boost function set at 25psi, in short bursts, is a quick way to find any weak seals.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Alright already--John, done deal!

Do you want this done through the web site, just let me know. I'll call on Tues to iron out details.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Vitesse 4th of July MAF sale