Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

BOV- Group Buy List ( please sign up and answer template)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Approval was given by John prio and during to all of this

Hey Guys
I don't want to get into a long drawn out debate on this
I had and have contacted John on all of this and he has given his thumbs up
I have, as well as others, suggested to Mike to consider becoming involved in Rennlist but he has no way over stepped his bounds. I respect and admire the espre-decore(sp?) that exists on this board but I think on this one .. we are digging a little too deep ..
As I said, all of this has been done with Johns approval ...
With that said:
Mike, start by getting a membership ... it 20 bucks and then we can really abuse you
regards
Ed
Old 06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems to me that this is solicitation of business:

I need to get some more information first, and then we'll try to organize another Group Buy. We may honestly need 50+ participants to offer a deep discount. There is just very little margin in this product. It's very labor intensive to produce. It would be tremendously helpful if another "Feeler Thread" could be started to gauge the interest of serious people only
Also, all group buys need to be approved by JohnD. I doubt that this one was. Eddie should have known better.

Come on guys, quit using the resource that is Rennlist without following the rules set forth in the charter (that you read when you signed up to start posting here, right?). You wouldn't want someone to show up on your business front doorstep and start selling their wares, would you? Same thing here.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:48 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hey Guys
I don't want to get into a long drawn out debate on this
I had and have contacted John on all of this and he has given his thumbs up
I have, as well as others, suggested to Mike to consider becoming involved in Rennlist but he has no way over stepped his bounds. I respect and admire the espre-decore(sp?) that exists on this board but I think on this one .. we are digging a little too deep ..
As I said, all of this has been done with Johns approval ...
With that said:
Mike, start by getting a membership ... it 20 bucks and then we can really abuse you
regards
Ed
Okie dokie, if you say so.

It's John's party, IF he said it was OK, then it is.

Still seemed to be a pretty flagrant violation of the rules, at least in outward appearance.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Mike@Forge
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, please understand, nothing was done with any intent to deter sales from any exsisting sponsors or vendors.

I know, "the road hell is paved with good intentions" so I don't need the lecture.

I meant no harm nor disrespect to anyone.

At this point, the valve Group Buy is over and the tank Group Buy has not yet even begun, so we will be sure to have all of the logistics sorted out before we proceed with that.

All, I can say is I'm sorry, and lesson learned.

I will be sure to get in touch with the appropriate people to ensure that there are no issues in the future.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
Again, please understand, nothing was done with any intent to deter sales from any exsisting sponsors or vendors.

I know, "the road hell is paved with good intentions" so I don't need the lecture.

I meant no harm nor disrespect to anyone.

At this point, the valve Group Buy is over and the tank Group Buy has not yet even begun, so we will be sure to have all of the logistics sorted out before we proceed with that.

All, I can say is I'm sorry, and lesson learned.

I will be sure to get in touch with the appropriate people to ensure that there are no issues in the future.

Thanks for the heads up.
I don't see any "problem" just information you might not have known....we at rennlist love to inform people of things they might not know about...that is what keeps us rolling
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Mike@Forge
Intermediate

This Group Buy is now CLOSED.

Please do not request, through this forum or otherwise, that I fulfill any additional orders for these products at the previously listed price.

I would also like to make a formal request that this thread be locked by any moderator/adminstrator to deter any future unproductive discussions.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:44 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of us that have benefitted from the generosity, support and professioalism, shown to us by Forge Motorsports, and Mike@Forge specifically, I'd like to request that you log on to the following Forge contact site here; http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=contact, and write a short note of thanks for their great support. It has been just that. I have already done so. Thanks too all that have contributed positively, and many thanks too Mike for being the model of professionalism, tact, and service. It was very much apprecitiated. Semper Fi! Elliott Hall
Old 07-02-2005, 06:49 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man they do intercoolers as well... Though I have yet to benefit from Forge, I hope to in the future... we suck *****, you guys rock.

PS sell me a PS tank please
Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Mine has arrived!

Woo Hoo! BOV came today! Great Service. TY

Now mostly stock, new WG, No Cat, Chipped, which spring should I use? The yellow I think is 15 to 20 psi. Whatcha think guys?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:16 AM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Got mine today also, just not sure since i plan on running 15psi should i use the yellow spring?

BTW great service, great product
Old 07-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Woo Hoo! BOV came today! Great Service. TY

Now mostly stock, new WG, No Cat, Chipped, which spring should I use? The yellow I think is 15 to 20 psi. Whatcha think guys?

I think its going to be a LOOOONNGGGGG time before any of us see a Aluminum PS tank
Sorry to **** on your parade but I had to get that out
Regards
Ed
I feel a little better now
VERY little
Old 07-07-2005, 11:51 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

got mine yesterday, looks pretty good imho.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got mine today as well and it looks great. Forge turned out to be a great vendor. Ed, thanks a ton for putting this together for the group. It's a shame that this turned into a pissing match over something that was "Approved" anyway. While I can understand and appreciate John D's watch-dog approach to stop fly-by-night vendors, scammers, and **** heads for our own protection, it burns my *** a bit when the self-elected Rennlist junior G-men junior have nothing better to do then troll in the middle of the night to fight "rule violations" and internet crime. Buy a couple comics and live out your superhero aspirations somewhere else. Or better yet, just report the post to John D and let him handle it rather them making uninformed statements.

What it really boils to is quite a few "members" got a chance to save $50 with a "non-sponsor". If this was a BOV group buy offered by a sponsor, I would have paid full price elsewhere rather then buying an inferior product. Remember, we pay our money each year (I think I’m due for renewal) to benefit from Rennlist as much as Rennlist benefits from us being here. I also think it's a bit unrealistic to assume a relatively new vendor should have to pony up almost 2K a year before they even get a taste of what the Rennlist sales market has to offer, especially when their Porsche product line is comprised of 1 item. Now Mike has an idea of our purchase potential and he can see if it's justified for sponsorship or not. Maybe he can work out an agreement with John D to give Rennlist a percentage of the next group buy discount.

Again, thanks for your efforts Ed.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
................it burns my *** a bit when the self-elected Rennlist junior G-men junior have nothing better to do then troll in the middle of the night to fight "rule violations" and internet crime. Buy a couple comics and live out your superhero aspirations somewhere else. Or better yet, just report the post to John D and let him handle it rather them making uninformed statements.
Look, I stated that I was sorry. I was trying to do what I thought, at the time, was the right thing.

There were no freakin' superhero aspirations on my part.

I even PM'd JohnD and told him that I was sorry for getting in the middle of the freakin' situation and told him I was sorry if it caused any problems.

End of story.

People can come on here, spam us, sell their crap, whatever. Non-members can try to sell their crappy cars on here. I'm not going to say a damn thing anymore. Then, I fully expect you, ehall, eddie, NZ, and whomever else gave me crap, to do the same to any member that speaks up and says that they shouldn't sell their wares here and aren't following the rules. Let's just all bury our freakin heads in the sand and let JohnD babysit all of us.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:34 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

THIS does not need revisiting. MOVE ON ALL PLEASE! I have heard from Forge's CEO in the UK, and I would very much like you guys to understand that ANY continued crap like this, would not be helpful. Tifo thought he was doing the right thing , but made a mistake. He said he's sorry. For our own potential future good drop it please. And NO, I won't tell anyone what he said.
ON TOPIC AGIAN:

What should I be looking at concerning choosing spring pressure. You tend to have a real strong grasp on this type of think Jeremy. What would your choice be, for a mostly stock App. ? TIA

If either of you would be willing, up too you, but would you consider both doing a bit of judicious editing to these last couple of posts? Just asking nicely? up too you.

Quick Reply: BOV- Group Buy List ( please sign up and answer template)