Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Shipping delays - Lindsey Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
littlejt1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Shipping delays - Lindsey Racing

See my final message below...Finally talked with Dave and got everything worked out!! Refunded my shipping and will certainly recommend others to do business with them.
-JL

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with shipping with them.

I recently ordered some stuff from them, I believe it was about the 3rd order I placed with them, and paid for overnight delivery, and did not get the stuff. Same thing with the last order before this one, shipping delays, and things not getting there when promised.

I like the quality of products, and they have pretty good "sales" customer service...not to mention I like the prices, but this shipping problem has me a little hesitant to use them next time.

I'm waiting on a f/u call from Dave...hopfully I'm just unlucky and this isn't a regular thing.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Last edited by littlejt1; 05-05-2005 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Update:
Old 05-05-2005, 11:17 AM
special tool
Banned

Very unusual - I always recieve when promised.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Did you order by phone or online?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 AM
littlejt1
Racer

This last time it was online...time before was phone as there was a problem with the site. I am optomistic and hopeful that this was isolated, as I said everyone I have talked to there are nice folks, I like the site, and love the pricing...guess it's just my bad luck!

I'll probably give them another try in the near future when I get ready to do more to the car.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 AM
painkiller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered their fuel rail, an expansion tank, and coolant hose kit last week online and requested three day delivery, everything arrived friday like expected, although an email to dave has not been returned. Were they parts they had in stock?

John
Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 AM
littlejt1
Racer

Yes, they were in stock...as I understand it, they do drop ships on a lot of items. These were some hoses, pretty simple stuff, but I had taken off early on Tuesday to get the car back together, requested delivery by 1030 am, so I would have plenty of time to get it all together, and after a call around noon, and then again after 3, I was told the stuff would be there definately "today", 5pm came and went, and nothing. The next morning, DHL dropped it off..basicaly I wasted a good part of a day, and because of that it's delayed me two extra days of not getting the car together...still have a couple of things left to put back today...just ran out of daylight yesterday after work.

I know I'm whining...but I want to get my car back on the road...sure as hell bets better gas mileage than my GMC 2500HD that I'm forced to drive right now LOL.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am waiting on an exhaust part I ordered last thursday online and it still hasn't come. Hopefully today it will come, but if not I will give them a call.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
eniac
Drifting

I just ordered some parts last week Monday. I placed the online order but accidentaly typed in the wrong credit card so Dave called me and we straightened it out. They shipped the parts out Tuesday (3-day shipping to Michigan) and I actually recieved them a day early on Thursday. However Dave did not respond to an email asking for a tracking number after it was shipped. So far all orders I've made with Lindsey have been trouble free.

I always try to get a tracking number so I can plan out when the parts will arrive and don't end up wasting a day waiting.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:40 PM
MR951
Racer

I just got an order from them yesterday. My first and it arrived promptly. I ordered on-line.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only trouble ive had I think, was with UPS fudging the shipping end of things.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
littlejt1
Racer

Thumbs up

OK...Got a phone call from Dave this afternoon...he agreed to reimbures the shipping..very cool.

Found out it was apprently DHL's fault and they had dropped the ball...that was the reason I received the thing a day later. I am glad to hear it's an isolated thing, and that this doesn't always happen.

As I said before, I think the quality and pricing are great...and as long as the customer service keeps up on their end as it did today, I'll certainly keep doing business with them.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

I get everything ontime from Dave, the longest time it took for anything to get here was 5 days. The fastest was 3 days (both using USPS Express). Even included some nice Lindsey Racing cards/products catalog with them
Old 05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

DHL drops the ball quite often, regardless of vendor or product, they're not up to the standard of UPS or FedEx yet, no matter how much advertising they do to convince you otherwise.

Sam
Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

When I talked to them a few days ago, they said that there secretary doesn't work there anymore? Dave is now in charge of sending everything out? I think thats why there are some delays around there?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:29 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam Lin
DHL drops the ball quite often, regardless of vendor or product, they're not up to the standard of UPS or FedEx yet, no matter how much advertising they do to convince you otherwise.

Sam
Up to the standard of UPS? Hard to imagine a company worse than UPS.

As far as im concerned, as long as the package arrives at the right fscking door theyre better than UPS. Even if it gets there the next morning.

Quick Reply: Shipping delays - Lindsey Racing