Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Every so Often & THANK YOU ALL

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every so Often & THANK YOU ALL

I think of selling my much loved 88 951. I truly love my car and it's looks. It is just a toy for my driving pleasure. I sometime's think I have allot of money sitting ther for just a toy. That is the practical part of my brain talking. Why do my wife and I have 4 car's when ther is just 2 of us driving them. I have a Dodge 2500 truck for work I have to have it. She has a 92 Honda Prelude w/ 4 wheel stearing and we have a 94 Jeep Cheroke. We park the fun cars in the winter and the Jeep is the winter work horse.

Then I sit here reading and I can truly see the passion and love for the 951 in all the post. You guys all bring me back to my sences. Selling my 951 would be the biggest mistake I could ever make so THANK YOU ALL.

Cliff 88 951
Old 04-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You're doing yourself a favor by not selling it. I go through the same "left brain versus right brain" stuff about the fact that I have a 951, a 944 that I'm dumping a LOT of money into to convert into a Callaway turbo, a motorcycle and possibly another 944 on the way. And my wife has her car - the "practical" Toyota Solara. Do we really need this for two people? Well, no. . . and yes. You know what I mean!

I swear with a $50K budget and unlimited garage space I could see myself getting an S2 cab, a 968, maybe a 914 and a 911 on top of what I already have - plus parts and mods to keep me busy for months! It's an affliction I tell you. But I love it!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:35 AM
ccy944
Instructor

Be happy that you have the others for backup, I'm doing the drive it 60+ miles per day, hope something doesn't go bad, thrash all night 'cause I have to go to work in the morning when it does, my wife hates it when it doesn't start on the first try, but I have my car that makes me happy, and just a few seconds of boost makes everything ok.....
Old 04-30-2005, 11:30 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the word I'm looking for here.....umm......prosperity. You have been able to collect and hold on to a couple of goodies including that world class sports car sitting in the garage. And you said you loved her, sounds like you had better go have a little "make-up" drive!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:15 PM
T-Man
Intermediate

I think I will always own a 951. If I were to get into an accident and lose my car, I wouldn't replace it with anything else.

The 951 has earned a true place for me.

Quick Reply: Every so Often & THANK YOU ALL