Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Racing 3.0L 8V - Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:47 AM
DivineE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm building a lindsey 2.8 with lots of shared components but you've got my beaten hands down!! Damn I can't wait to get my car back now!!!

Ben
Old 04-29-2005, 10:05 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hos: Thanks, its been a long way dude!!

Duke: Yeah, I am very happy with the TQ curve, very nice and flat. I haven't see that many 3.0Ls with flkaty curves. Most seem to shoot right up, and for the most part, do a nose dive right back down too. And let me tell you, my car pulls like a son of a gun too!

Eastendr: You skill me my freind. Now you want to to go for a 3.1!? Let me get back the car and finally enjot it!

Ehall: Thanks for the nice compliments!

Streckfu's951: Let me tell you, this car pulls like a freight-train that is on a mission. The power just never ends. And I am at 18 PSI too on pump gas!

Some Notes of Importance:

#1 I am running the Factory DME with a piggyback
#2 I am using 55 pound injectors at 53 pounds static pressure
#3 I have a totally new solid cam and lifter setup
#4 We used the smallest hot housing available, designed around good street response.

Also, we did a dyno pull 15 pounds and achieved 412 RWHP, then the 460 RWHP at 18 PSI on pump gas too. It added 16 hp per pound of boost. I firmly believe we could surpass the 500 RWHP mark with just 20/21 pounds of boost, especially if we added the larger .68 hot housing. Just remember too, my goal is NOT to achieve a big HP number, per say. If that was the case, we could throw on the biggest a/r, crank up the boost, and make high HP numbers. I wanted a very streetable car that was super-fast and with a great TQ curve. When Pro-M or someone else comes out with a new hotwire for the MAF, I'm sure I will get that, bump up to 72 lbs. injectors and see what it can do. Over the winter, I may consider to go to a stand alone; either a Wolf or Tech 3. But for right now, I want to get my car back, put about 10 coats of Zymol Vintage on it, and enjoy this summer - between car shows and driving it around!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Hi,

I'm in central NJ. Could you drive down here and take me for a ride? The whole trip down and back should take about 7 minutes out of your day with that car!

Your pal,
Deitz

But seriously....

I've been wondering about these monster HP 951s. How streetable is your car compared to a stock one. Could it be a daily driver?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:16 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rolex, are you going to bring that beast down to the 944Fest dyno shoot out. I'd love to see that beautiful moter up close. Maybe you can caravan down with Winslow.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DivineE: You are building a 2.8L? If built right, you will have a very very fast car, no doubt. Best wishes with it. If I can be of any help at all through my experiences, please PM me.

JDeitz951: Where exactly are you in NJ? Right now, I am in Morristown - nothern, NJ. Not the one down south near Cherry Hill called Morrestown. And my car is very streetable. It was built that way. And no way is my car a daily driver, check my signature below for more info and my car's home page. Maybe we could hook up sometime, but first, let me get the car back. I am looking sometime around 5 weeks?

por951turbo: I heard of this event. When and where is it? Isnt it like in Ohio or something?

Old 04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is a link to all the event info: http://www.944fest.com/invite05.html

I've been to this event three straight years and believe me, you won't regret the travel. Dan loves to throw this party and it shows!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:13 AM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
JDeitz951: Where exactly are you in NJ? Right now, I am in Morristown - nothern, NJ. Not the one down south near Cherry Hill called Morrestown.
Funny, I was looking up Moorestown on a map just this week because I didn't know where it was. Someone said at the time "it's always confused with Morristown." I'm in Point Pleasant. I know north Jersey well, points south are terra incognita :-)

And my car is very streetable. It was built that way. And no way is my car a daily driver, check my signature below for more info and my car's home page. Maybe we could hook up sometime...
I don't mean "is it a daily driver?". I meant: is it that "streetable" to drive? As far as getting together, I'm soured on GTGs cuz everyone says they're coming and then doesn't show. But I'm in if someone else wants to call one for a change. Just kidding about the ride, you know "7 minutes" ha-ha.

I don't plan on major upgrades this decade, but like to brag about the potential of these cars and I want to say that they are not unmanageable beasts when they are modded like yours, but instead are perfectly fine to live with. So would I be right?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:50 PM
MySwiss
Pro

RolexNJ. Nice set up... Are you still using the stock intercooler, or you put in a real front mount.

I just finished my front mount intercooler yesterday, and gained 2.5psi on the same settings. Can't wait to go back on the dyno and see what it gives....
Old 04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

#4 We used the smallest hot housing available, designed around good street response....Just remember too, my goal is NOT to achieve a big HP number, per say. If that was the case, we could throw on the biggest a/r, crank up the boost, and make high HP numbers. I wanted a very streetable car that was super-fast and with a great TQ curve.

Rob: That was you're goal, and many many people forget that big numbers just don't mean that it is a streetable car

Awsome work though, i sure hope you have a few vids and sound clips of the car!!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

por951turbo: Thanks for the link. I will look at it.

JDeitz951: I knew you might think I was in "Moorestown!" And yes, my car is very "streetable", very. Honestly, you can't go by the dyno chart. We all know real world driving is very different from a theoretical world. I drove the car for 4 hours the same day I landed right off of the plane. And I can tell you by the "seat of the pants" feel that it is an absolute pleasure to drive. It starts right up, has a nice "strong" sound to it (due to the cam we put in), the Spec Stage 3 clutch is great - not stiff at and is awesome for my TQ levels. I drove the car mostly at 13/14 PSI. The power comes on very soon and just keeps going, and going, and going! It's not like the typical 951 beast that some people build; where it is "all or nothing" type of car that hits and builds a ton of HP. I love the car to death. Just wish we could run more boost. In time...

MySwiss: Thank you. You have a totally awesome car yourself pal! And yes, I have a Lindsey Stage 2 IC. All my specs are on my home page too ->www.robertricciardi.com

Hos: Yes I wanted a beast of a 3.0L 8V. But, I wanted it to be very reliable, streetable, and last a long time too. And this is exaclty what Linsdey built me. As I said, when a new hotwire MAF piece is on the commerical market, I will buy it, install it, and then run moore boost. I "really" think I can hit or beat the 500 RWHP mark with the .58 either at 20/21 PSI, but, we shall see. And as I mentioned, I will go to the next size a/r to see what that does. If it takes away a good amount of the low end, I'll will swap back in the .58 a/r. But I KNOW there is MUCH MORE RWHP left in this car, and NOT having to go to a stand alone system, yet. Someday!

Old 04-29-2005, 05:01 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

god... with how quickly that torque climbs the car must sound like an airplane spinning up its turbofans... unreal.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:30 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Very nice car Rob!! Sickening fast as well!
Old 04-29-2005, 08:14 PM
TurboCab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rob;
Congratulations. Very impressive numbers, reflecting the quality of the work and the engineering behind. You made an excellent choice to work with Lindsey.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments! And trust me, it does take off fast and sound incredible too.

I just got the dyno pull on CD today, I just need to figure out how to upload it here or onto my web site.

Old 04-29-2005, 09:10 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rob,

Nice as hell! Give me a call when you can

Quick Reply: Lindsey Racing 3.0L 8V - Dyno Results