Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Have no fear: PRO-M MAFs are BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:58 AM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone was to use this with stock chips would they not only be able to run with stock boost due to the overboost protection of the stock KLR chip?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
eniac
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dark: You do realize that Lindsey Racing used to sell the Stage 1 MAF which consisted of the 75mm MAF with IAT, Filter, MAF Sensor and the housing for US$250. Which is the "MAF Basic Kit"....since Pro-M closed down, they took it off their MAF kits (only Stage 2 has the 75mm MAF).
For the $250 Lindsey MAF you still needed a AFM to MAF fuel controller or custom chips to use it. The $250 was basically for the MAF alone, no j-pipe, no AFM to MAF converter.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Blueman33
Pro

Does the 'Basic MAF' kit come with chips? Otherwise, it won't work without the tuner. As David asks, "Will the tuner work with stock chips?"

The $450 basic MAF would have to have some way of changing the tuning to match it. If for $450 it comes with chips, ready to roll,.........cool.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:39 AM
SRV Performance
Track Day

NOTE: The 75mm MAF is not currently being produced.
The Pro-M kits discussed in this thread all come with an 80mm MAF.

The 75mm might be a consideration in the future but not now.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
SRV Performance
Track Day

Originally Posted by david fracolli
I am assuming that the translator takes the place of the chip replacement?
They are two ways of accomplishing the same thing. Chips are better but the translator box will work just fine for the average user.

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Dark: You do realize that Lindsey Racing used to sell the Stage 1 MAF which consisted of the 75mm MAF with IAT, Filter, MAF Sensor and the housing for US$250. Which is the "MAF Basic Kit"....since Pro-M closed down, they took it off their MAF kits (only Stage 2 has the 75mm MAF).
Unfortunately, dealer cost on the 80mm MAF (just the housing & sensor) is more than $250.

Originally Posted by david fracolli
If someone was to use this with stock chips would they not only be able to run with stock boost due to the overboost protection of the stock KLR chip?
This is why running stock chips doesn't make much sense. There would be an increase in power but there would still be the stock limitations.

Originally Posted by Blueman33
Does the 'Basic MAF' kit come with chips? Otherwise, it won't work without the tuner. As David asks, "Will the tuner work with stock chips?"

The $450 basic MAF would have to have some way of changing the tuning to match it. If for $450 it comes with chips, ready to roll,.........cool.
None of the kits come with chips at this time. Chips and intake piping are all in the design/testing phase right now.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

I'll be in for one of the kits, depends on the time as to how much money i'll have.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
SRV Performance
Track Day

And before anyone gets upset, we've already contacted Jennifer about becoming a site sponsor.

[edited my speeling ]

Last edited by SRV Performance; 05-23-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

SRV, thank you for the honest answers.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

Rolex - I was waiting on an 'official' answer.

To answer Rob's question publicly, he is making *cough* pretty damn good *cough* power but wants more. Not that I can blame him so hey.

His current off-the-shelf MAF is maxed out at his current horsepower levels (~460rwhp) and wants to know if he can get something to calibrated for 500+rwhp. The answer is a very simple: YES. We'll discuss details off list but for everyone else out there, should you have dreams of 600-700rwhp (or more) then a custom PRO-M is a simple solution.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:04 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dark:

You are "potentially" the man dude! I will keep my fingers crossed and see if this really happens. If it does, you are my hero and I will praise you to no end on Rennlist my dear friend! And thank you for the compliments too!

Old 05-23-2005, 09:32 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Rolex,

What happens to "I can't afford the MAF and custom software John, but thank you for taking couple of hours of your time answering my questions?".. Never mind, I know the story!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John:

Hey John, take it easy. This is purely a matter of economics, that's it. And I was very very appreciative of your time. So don't twist this on me. For my budget, and what you wanted for your products, it was a lot of money. So dont make me to be the bad guy here; that's wrong, BS, and unprofessional.

I talked to Dark offline today and all I need to do in my case in send in my old one, and he can get a new one made for my car. Hence, I don't need to invest right now in chips too. Again, pure economics. Honestly, the cost is next to nothing for me. I don't know if he wants me to disclose on the boards what he is going to charge me, but I will say this, it is peanuts compared to all the products I needed to buy from you, peanuts.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John:

PS. Again, no offense John, but if you think that everytime a person calls you it is a "guaranteed" sale, well then, you are going to be sadly dissapointed. I have been in sales for a very long time, and if I got mad at every person who probed me for product info, or asked me for detailed quotes, only to find out that they weren't 100% going to buy from me; well then I should't be in sales. That is not the right mindset. No prospect is every guaranteed.

And by the way, thanks for actually making it a point to make this public too. That in itself is unprofessional, and now tells me alot about you and your business ethics. If you did have a beef with me (which you don't have any leg to stand on) you should have been very professional and did it "off line", not on here. Not a good way to represent yourself. No vendor should act as you just did.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Rolex, you took all wrong! I was under the impression that you were having financial issues, and seeing your post I got the impression that things turned out for you for the best. Maybe it didn't come out the way I intended it pal... I was just happy for you!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

John:

Again, this should have been discussed OFF LINE! Not here.

Quick Reply: Have no fear: PRO-M MAFs are BACK!