Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Have no fear: PRO-M MAFs are BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 07:10 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said Tomas, I am sorry for that, I will do my best to ignore...
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thomas - we love you.

Besides... who will dispute the validity of our dyno runs if you go?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by special tool
Thomas - we love you.

Who can? You are the dyno master...at 24/25PSI

Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Brian: That MAF is very (and i do mean very) bad, it would support ~280whp or so..........

I am suprised why don't other 951 vendors don't pitch in on things like this (as in what to look for in a MAF). These "secrets" are just their stupid game of "you didn't buy my product, so you suffered" and **** like that.

Anyways, looking closer at the spec sheet Brian, that MAF would have some issues.
The rule of thumb is that you take the CFM times 0.75 for max HP so around 320HP max. Besides, this was not purchased for a Pcar application.

Last edited by Bri Bro; 06-13-2005 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:23 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian: You are talking HP not whp?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

That would be flywheel HP, the flow rate to the engine is independent of drivetrain loss. If memory serves me, Danno did a study of drivetrain loss several years ago and came up with a figure of 17%. Using that number, the RWHP of 325 flywheel HP would be be in the 270 range.

I asked the question at the front of this post on what the flow rate was on the 80mm MAF in this Pcar application. I didn't get a responce so maybe that information isn't available. Makes one wonder how one would fit the 80mm into their car without this information. I guess that is why you need a spec sheet with a MAF unless you buy it from a aftermarket company. Maybe that is the market that Pro M is going after.

Last edited by Bri Bro; 06-13-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:34 PM
SRV Performance
Track Day

Holy whoa. Go home for the weekend and I have 35 responses to catch up on. Alright, from the top (and I hope I don't miss anyone's questions):

BOV/BPV questions:

Why the pre-intercooler pipe? It's blatantly easy to fit the MAF there without any real work. We're looking to see if this MAF is a viable answer in general, not specifically with the pre-intercooler pipe. As this is being typed, a custom intercooler-to-throttlebody pipe is being fabricated. As a side note, take a tape measure to your own hard pipe and you'll see it's about 12-13" long in a straight line. Now imagine squeezing an 8" long MAF plus couplers plus at least two bends plus BOV fitting plus idle air, all in that same amount of space. As Ben (mrfixit951) mentioned, it's doable but it's simply not as easy as the 5 minute job to install the MAF in the pre-intercooler pipe.

To summarize, it was a teaser shot and is being tested for basic viability.

Beyond that, the final product will have the MAF installed AFTER the BOV/BPV.

RolexNJ:

It wasn't for lack of trying but we are sorry we weren't able to get the exact MAF calibration Mike Lindsey requested. PMAS (Professional Mass-Air Systems, the company producing the Pro-M MAFs) insisted on a different calibration for Rob's car and when it was all done the deal fell through.

Again, Rob, our apologies.

Calibration sheets:

We've requested the calibration sheets and were told the Pro-M MAFs aren't currently being being shipped with them. EVERY MAF IS CALIBRATED INDIVIDUALLY and double-checked, but there isn't a provided sheet. SRV has a few ideas to help out end-customers with this.

Buying parts of MAF kits:

The ONLY way PMAS will sell us a MAF is complete with the MAFtuner box & software. We have no choice in the matter and believe me when I say we've raised a quite a stink. Until further notice, I'm sorry but if you get any Pro-M MAF you should plan on buying the accompanying MAFtuner. If you only want the MAF + MAFtuner +/- any combination of other parts (couplers, clamps, hard pipes, etc.) we can easily accommodate your needs.

That said, however, we think we've priced our kit very very reasonably considering what's included.

I miss anyone's questions? If so please feel free to harass/ridicule me.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Tomas L
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
Thomas - we love you.

I'm getting a little concerned when you say that. I'm heterosexual but since you have such a nice car maybe I can convert....

I don't think I have questioned dyno results yet, but be sure I will if you post any unrealistic claims.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Claus Groth
Pro

My Pro-M MAFtuner works great until it gets hot -- then goes into idle mode. Push the throttle, even a tiny bit, and the engine dies. I need a repair or replacement.

I tried to contact SRV Performance all day without success. Their last post was over five weeks ago. I can't find contact information for the new manufacturer, Professional Mass-Air Systems. I tried white pages, yellow pages and Ford Forums. Does anyone have a phone number for PMAS?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:59 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Claus, The issue is with the MAF sensor, it appears that it's gone bad.
I have plenty in stock and can support over 750hp. Email me directly if I can assist.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
SRV Performance
Track Day

Our apologies on not calling you back yet Claus. One of our number is getting married this weekend and all of yesterday was the bachelor party; I think I'm the first one awake this morning and I have no voice so calling on the phone would sound like a bad connection to you.

Pro-M is up to their old tricks by not communicating well with us. Our current order has been on hold for 5 weeks due to 'manufacturing difficulties' and the only reason we found out was by calling every day!

Claus, as of right now we have nothing in stock and as I mentioned our stocking order is up in the air so I can't give you an accurate ETA since we don't have one ourselves.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Professional Mass Air Systems
4th Gear

Originally Posted by SRV Performance
Pro-M is up to their old tricks by not communicating well with us. Our current order has been on hold for 5 weeks due to 'manufacturing difficulties' and the only reason we found out was by calling every day!
First, to clear up any confustion, we are Professional Mass Air Systems.. NOT Pro-M. Second, SRV Performance is not one of our authorized distributors. The only authorized distributors of our import product line are: Anti-Lag Racing, Vitesse Racing, 3SX Performance, 9X Auto, and Lindsey Racing.

To clarify the back order on our Karman Vortex conversions, we are in the process of refining and correcting a few calibration issues that we encountered with the old "Pro-M" product. We will not ship out any of these pieces until the problem is solved, and we feel the product is flawless. Every import distributor that we have is aware of this and are gladly and patiently waiting for us to completely refine this product, to the best of our ability.

Our company was structured around quality, not dollar signs. We refuse to send out any product that we feel is not going to perform to the customer's needs.

Anyone is free to call our tech line regarding this matter: (517) 327 3900

-Sam
Old 07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
SRV Performance
Track Day

Well we were a retailer as of this morning awaiting a half dozen units but evidently our previous comments in this thread caused PMAS to pull our account.

Moderators, please lock this thread.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Professional Mass Air Systems
4th Gear

Originally Posted by SRV Performance
Well we were a retailer as of this morning awaiting a half dozen units but evidently our previous comments in this thread caused PMAS to pull our account.
Who are you and why are you bashing us??? We have never talked to you. Your order is through Antilag Racing.

Just getting the facts straight. The dealers listed above have been our only distributors to date that have been supplying products for us.

Also reading through this thread there is alot of MIS-INFORMATION. I hope when we do get everything worked out, people take the time to call one of our distributors or our technical line and get the real answers.

-Sam
Old 07-22-2005, 06:03 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sam, thanks for joining up to set things straight!! If you have the time, please go on about the incorrect information in this thread. . . .

Quick Reply: Have no fear: PRO-M MAFs are BACK!