Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Not sure if i've played too much....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:12 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure if i've played too much....

I seem to be having a few issues with the running since I had my last play.

I removed the ISV and the purge valve system (and just connected up the two hoses in the engine bay), And I replaced the hoses on my MAF with some larger ones. I have a Kokeln stage V turbo with a 70mm inlet, so I got a 70mm pipe with a single outlet for the BOV (the oil return is gone aswell as I have a remote breather, non-circulating), then an adapter to the existing MAF housing. I know that the air between turbo and hotwire is a lot clearer.

The problem I have, is that the tuning is now totally different. I seem to be running 2-3 leaner on the WB, and I've noticed that when I let off the throttle now, the A/F drops to 9 momentarily, and then raises to full lean (over 20 and off the scale).

Now I realise I need to add a bit more fuel to get the on-throttle tune back, but I've never seen that richening off before. Have I messed something up here?

TIA for responses, I'll be having another play later to see if i've messed something obvious up.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:22 PM
pikey7
Drifting

I forgot to mention, when the engine goes rich, it stumbles. It also does this when I stop accelerating, not just backing off (so a slow gradual aceleration to a certain speed will provoke it aswell)

Well, I had a look, and I can't see anything obviously amiss. No disconnected hoses or anything.

I was thinking, could it be some blowback from the turbo compressor fooling the hot wire/MAF in some way (now it's got a nice clear patch between them)? Surely 10mm on the pipe diameter wouldn't make that much difference though?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Bengt Sweden
Pro

The MAF is extremely sensitive to where you put it. Even rotating it may make a difference since flow is not uniform across if you do not have very long straight pipes in front of and after it.
I had the same problem as you mention when shifting. I found that moving the MAF further away from the turbo and the BOV improved situation a lot.
Bengt

Quick Reply: Not sure if i've played too much....