Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fuel Line Replacement--Who has the best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 04:02 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hosrom,

Yeah, my intermediate line is cracked and brittle. Also, I saw info on the recall and if I understand it right the leakage problems are caused by this intermediate line being too short, getting kinked and causing a pressure increase in the other lines which results in a leak. I'll have to check and see if my inter line has been replaced. How much longer is the updated line? Anyone have old and updated side-by-side pics?

Also, Hosrom, check out the link to the other thread--ibkevin did his own lines and routed the lines toward the firewall and over the fuel rail to the FPR & damper. It looks like a good way to go since it avoids most of the exhaust manifold heat. I'm trying to find out his supplies in that other thread so if anyone else is interested in this solution, check this thread:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=193877
Old 04-19-2005, 05:24 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

superloaf: If you are going yo adress the fuel lines, you might as well do all three lines. Like i said, mine is brand new, costed nothing from the dealer.

Now, i am ordering rennbay's lines today. Yes, i did see the thread, thing is, i don't want to pamper with anything untested really. I am NOT saying they are bad at all, heck that is one good job, but not for me.

Besides, I doubt the quality of SS lines here anyway......better safe than sorry (for me)

If you want to avoid the head issue, then not only was ibkeven good in "re-routing" the hoses away from the headers, add some thermotec hose sleeves/fire sleeves and that would probably improve things even more.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:16 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get that **** changed!! i have the SFR lines in mine. i don't know if this has changed, but when i bought mine he didn't offer the short line and you should definitely do it too.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
jurg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our Old car is on the front webpage of www.pauertuning.com
Damn right he knows his stuff :-D

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Replacement--Who has the best?