Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:35 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow "Anti lag" Interesting

"What is anti lag (launch)?

antilag retards the timing to keep the revs low. This in turn allows incomplete cumbustion gasses that are still burning into the manifold, spooling up the turbo. Extra cool antilag systems have an extra injector in the manifold to add even more fuel to the fire.

antilag can be used with a two step or alone. the standard is about 10 degrees after top dead center for the ignition timing with fuel the same as normal timing given the rpm and airflow. on that particular system, the antilag can be triggered by either wheel speed or the top clutch switch (cruise control cut off). the anitlag can be set to trigger at a certain rpm. antilag is for those who need to spool a turbo. i know on my talon, i can make 5lbs on just the two step, about 12 on the two step and antilag at the same time, and 20psi on the antilag alone. i have no need for antilag bacause i already burn tires just from a good two step launch. if i left on 20lbs i would do nothing but leave a nice smokey. another style of antilag that most people have no clue of its existance is the spool up valve. all that is required is a blow of valve, vacuum canister and a simple circuit of pneumatic valves. what happens is as the car comes to the line to make a pass, the driver activates the vacuum canister to hold the blow off valve open allowing the turbo to free wheel on the line. not that hard to turn a turbo without a resistance.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:23 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

the second one sounds easy
Old 04-12-2005, 02:24 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

yea, not sure what they mean by "vacum canister"
Old 04-12-2005, 02:30 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

re-reading it, is it saying that blocking the incoming air from reaching the cold-side of the turbo, allows the turbo to spool?
"not that hard to turn a turbo without a resistance."
I'm not sure what blocking off the blowoff valve has to do with it though.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The are just opening the bov during vaccum but full throttle conditions to supposedly give the turbo less to push against. I dont think it would do much and it would be pretty hard to control, if i understand it correctly.

How much does air pressure actually have to do with air resistance on the spinning wheel? I thought it was mostly overcoming inertia.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

well what if you did make a pipe that can re-route the air from the afm directly to the intercooler?
there would be no resistance on the cold side of the turbo.

and make it have a switch that controls a flap so that you can block it off when you want (all the time other than launching)
Old 04-12-2005, 11:01 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the stock BOV/recirc vaves already does this, just disconnect it from the J boot and you will see.

Quick Reply: "Anti lag" Interesting