Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need release bearing shims and clip

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 PM
gregpryz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need release bearing shims and clip

Had installed a new clutch set last summer, the car worked well up until last week. When I went to shift gears the clutch pedal went all the way to the floor and would not come back up. Pulled the pedal up by hand and had no resistance on the pedal. Thought it might be hydrallic but there were no fluid leaks. Crawled under the car and found that I could move the clutch fork with my fingers. Figured at this point that the maybe the clutch fork broke. Drove the care home with out the use of the clutch.

After pulling the bellhousing off I found the true source of my clutch not working. The release bearing separated from the pressure plate. I'm thinking that maybe I installed the shims and C-clip in the wrong order last time.

Here's my problem, I only need the C-Clip and the shims. The release bearing and pressure plate both look fine. I just need to be able to attach the release bearing back on to the Pressure plate. But the C-clip and shims go chewed up when the beaing came off. So far I've tryed the local Porche dealer, a couple of parts stores, but none of them will sell me the shims and C-clip.

Does any one have a spare set of these ?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had that happen before, ended up buying a new release bearing, as I could not find the parts.

Check your clutch disc over very well, I thought mine was fine also... 1500 miles later I was back in there with a clutch disc friction material split in two. I suspect the damage was done when the c-clip came off earlier.

Good luck
Old 04-04-2005, 05:22 PM
gregpryz
Banned

I will take a good look at the disk. Was thinking of chaning the disc while I have things apart, even when new there did not seem to be much friction material on the disc.

Hopefully someone has recently done a clutch job and has the old shims and C-clip left over or knows of another sourse.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
944Ecology
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We have some to help you out.

Give us a call tomorrow.

gb

Quick Reply: Need release bearing shims and clip