Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 04:19 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Ruckstuhl
"Any time you improve and increase air flow in your engine, whether through intake or exhaust improvements, you likely will also need to increase fuel flow" I got this off the Lindsey Racing site, so according to them I should add the 3.0 Bosch FPR. But some here have said I should be carful so now what?

Cliff 88 951
Please don't missunderstand what I am about to say, Lindsey Racing is a good company but you can not generalized that statement you will get better information here than from Lindsey's website.

If you increase boost or fuel you will need an accurate way to monitor & adjust your AIR / FUEL ratio. IS NOT as simple as incresasing fuel or boost. You will need chips with the proper mapping for your fuel supply and boost level or a SIGNAL massager and thats the bottom line. If You run lean YOU will BLOWN your head gasket or worst If you run RICH you will wash your cylinder walls and scratch them as well, or even much worst you could brake a ring and render your block usseless. Please listen to the Pro's on rennlist John Vitesse,turbo tim, Nz951, David Moffit, special tool, Ski, Floy, rage2 and a bunch of others guys that are Pro's ASK and be patient even if it sounds dumb ask. I did and thanks to the guys here managed to get my car right after spending 16k in one year alone just in repairs. And with all the money that you will save buy a Rennlist Membership to keep the site going.

my 0.02 cents

Oh and be carefull with Hosrom, lol . J/k

Luis

Last edited by lart951; 03-20-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:36 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Damm post 666. That's scary
Old 03-20-2005, 06:07 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lart, contact danno and ask for a refund on the chips. He is giving refunds to those who are disappointed with what they got.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mark944turbo
Lart, contact danno and ask for a refund on the chips. He is giving refunds to those who are disappointed with what they got.
That will be the day. The reason why I took the chips out is because he sent me a message that he was going to replace them like 2 weeks ago, but it was nothing more than a lie.

btw Iam not dissapointed with the chips Iam EXTREMELY UPSET.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will listen to you guys and think of you more as pro's, I should NOT install the Fuel Regulator and run with it just the way it is, chipped with a boost enhancer and a full 3" exhaust? Send back the FPR right ?

Cliff 88 951
Old 03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Cliff be careful, run the fuel pressure and boost level that your chips are designed for.
Reccoment either get a chipset from Vitesse racing and a boost gauge, or go to a reputable dyno and check out whether your current setup is OK.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I will listen to you guys and think of you more as pro's, I should NOT install the Fuel Regulator and run with it just the way it is, chipped with a boost enhancer and a full 3" exhaust? Send back the FPR right ?

Cliff 88 951
You can keep the FPR just don't install it yet. You might decide to upgrade your car further and than you can use the FPR with bigger injectors larger turbo etc.

The first thing to do is to open you DME and find out what kind of chips you have. A full 3" exhaust does not justified the FPR upgrade.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

I feel the car is damn fast now so would be the next jump and what would I expect in $$ to do this and when would I use the FPR? By the way I do looooooove the sound of the Lindsey exhaust and it with the Boost enhancer has made it feel like a different car.

Cliff 88 951
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My 88 Turbo S with Weltmeister Chip and Lindsey Booster enhancer dynoed 260 rwhp.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:55 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cliff,

"I will listen to you guys and think of you more as pros"

My advice is that you erase that statement from your head.
The "pros" will all tell you something different. Therefore, it all can't be right.
And sometimes, there's just simply more ways to skin a cat.
It's your car and therefore your responsibility to sort through and accept the right info.

So yeah, in this case, you should find out what chips you have. Failing that, invest in a wideband A/F monitor.
Generally, if you do mods that don't max out you AFM and/or injectors (a little extra boost, exhaust, etc.) you don't have to change chips or fuel pressure everytime, because the stock engine management will compensate (contrary to popular belief, for some reason)
But, satisfy yourself and buy a wideband.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:26 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I feel the car is damn fast now so would be the next jump and what would I expect in $$ to do this and when would I use the FPR? By the way I do looooooove the sound of the Lindsey exhaust and it with the Boost enhancer has made it feel like a different car.

Cliff 88 951
Check the next link:
http://www.vitesseracing.com/Catalog...stage_iii.html

446hp & 455tq for $ 3600.00 + installation if you can't not do it your self. I am currently saving to purchase the stage III for my birthday.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:32 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I think step one is to determine what your chips are! There are typically maps for the chips and descriptions of what they are set to run with in terms of fuel pressure. However, you are adding mods to the mix that they likely have not accounted for, such as your exhaust. Simply adding fuel pressure is a cheap way to up the upper limits of your injectors for the most part, but obviously also adds fuel across the rev range in a uniform way. I suggest you describe your exact mods to a company that can burn some specific chips for you, one company is Vitesse. You may be better off reading about things like detonation, air/fuel ratio, timing, boost, exhaust gas temperature. This will give you a better understanding of what you are doing when you buy or are recommended parts. Lart has given you some good advice, but keep in mind, there are some cowboys out there! Power to the people! I dont think you are ready to tune off a wide band until you invest in some knowledge first! Obviously this all goes back to your HP gaols and budget... maybe you could descrile what your expectations are then some advice can be given. There are several "how to get 300P" threads which would be a good starting point. But try and resist adding parts because someone suggests it, use your brain to reason it and ask questions...
Old 03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by lart951
I am currently saving to purchase the stage III for my birthday.
Now that will be a happy birthday!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:43 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NZ951
But try and resist adding parts because someone suggests it, use your brain to reason it and ask questions...
That's exactely what I did and cost me lots of money and mediocre results.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:44 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NZ951
Now that will be a happy birthday!
Yes Iam trying to find a excuse to buy it so my wife won't kill me.

Quick Reply: Whats my Horse Power?