Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FEELER- possibly selling my '86 951 (EDIT- It's officially for sale)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005 | 02:53 PM
dhallilama
Instructor

my email server went down last night, losing everything... im not sure if the last emails i sent out even went.
dont remember who wanted the 951...
but 'tis here. as of today, it goes into pay parking on campus (too many cars, not enough parking permits... and $14/day sucks... I'm on campus at UC Irvine. ).
NEEDS to be gone like yesterday!

Mom's neighbor offered me $4750, but i dont like the guy much... he'd just thrash on the car and most likely run into something (as usual). give me something around there, and it's yours... just want/need it GONE. Supposed to move my other 951 project to my mom's tonight... rotating cars around from place to place sucks! also sucks that it's only the 18th, and i've already spent my paycheck from the 15th (paid for a project 951, plus some other stuff)... so selling it asap would help keep me from floating stuff until the 1st...

my email server is back up... dan@tripstobrazil.com... drop me a line, gimme money, and drive away in a 951

-dan

Last edited by dhallilama; 03-18-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2005 | 03:49 PM
dhallilama
Instructor

damnit, still have it...
also, my email server doesnt seem to be working, so- can either PM me here, or my cell (818)472-3035. if you've been trying to get a hold of me, and havent heard back... it would be because of the email server.

it NEEDS to go ASAP. between having to pay to park it, not having another paycheck until the 1st (bought to much stuff), and my limited free time... someone come get the thing! i hate having to float bills...

first decent cash offer, it's your's. $4500 asking price, minus the stereo (probably).

i had someone try to pay yesterday with a fake money order (well, i assume it was fake, as when i asked him to come to my bank with me, he took off). car is also listed in craigslist... turns out the phone he called me from was a payphone... no way of tracing back to him... so damn glad i didnt let him have the car!

Last edited by dhallilama; 03-20-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2005 | 08:56 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Geez can't trust anyone these days.. What happened to getting the dent fixed? Im sure if you put it on ebay with lots of nice pictures and got her all nice and shiny she would grab your $4500 price in a heart beat. I like the blue color.
Old 03-23-2005 | 09:23 PM
dhallilama
Instructor

got in too many fights with the company that put the dent in it...
still working things out, looks like im gonna get a check from them. not for what i wanted, but then again, better than nothing. i lowered the price of the car accordingly, so i could just sell it with the dent in it.
have someone who called, drives an 89 daily, and wants another... something about having cash in his pocket, and not wanting to haggle about the price.
we'll see.
thought for sure it would go FAST at even $4750... let alone $4500.
so, the stereo is out, chips are out, selling as stock as possible.
hopefully the dude comes through with the deal.
the project 951 needs tons of money shoveled into it, and the sale of this one would get me started

as far as eBay... have sold 3 cars on it, all with a total headache attached. gave up.

Quick Reply: FEELER- possibly selling my '86 951 (EDIT- It's officially for sale)