Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Electronic boost control

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaheed
you need to hook the map sensor and boost solenoid to the smt6, then you can adjust it, log it etc from smt6win. you can also program it to do rpm based boost (ie lower boost at lower rpms to avoid wheelspin).
Sounds good. rpm based boost is a nice thing to have! What kind of map sensor and boost solenoid can I use? One that John got, or anything else?

I`ve understand you correct that I have to adjust the boost from SMT6, with a laptop etc? What about driving to the track with one map, then driving at the track at another map/boost figures? Do I need to have my laptop in hand to change boost/map?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:46 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you'll have to ask john which sensors/solenoids will work, i purchased mine from him. the smt6 lets you switch between two maps with a toggle switch, so you could very easily do what you asked.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Shaheed, how's the baby?

Back on subject! The SMT6 is capable of holding 2 profiles (Fuel, Ignition and auxiliary). The auxiliary map is used to control boost. You will need a MAP sensor and a boost solenoid. The SMT6 must learn the boost sensor you are using.
All MAPs or boost sensors require 5Vdc. I offer one that has been modifed to work with a 12Vdc.

A quick warning: It takes time to setup/adjust the boost with the SMT6.. It's not as easy as a regular MBC or EBC. It works, but takes lots of time/trial to dial it in... In all honesty, once you add up the cost of MAP & solenoid you are very close to the price of EBC.. I rather keep the auxiliary map available for water injection.

Quick Reply: Electronic boost control