Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Anders, I think what Sam is trying to say is "you make your choices, you take your losses."

You've been around here long enough to understand that.

I reiterate my request to the Moderator to please delete this thread. I think the title is damaging to the forum. Thanks.
I understand Luis, but the moderators of Rennlist should take their responsibility (which I am sure that they do in this case as well) and not let a sponsor. And in this case I went to see Danno and we had fun for a weekend and I bought some stuff when I was there and he promised to deliver the rest in a few days. Even after me asking about his previous history of not being able to deliver he said that it was a thing of the past and a lot of the complaints were from people who had not been able to install the products correctly.

It seems to be OK to bash e-bayers that do something as minor as mispresenting their car but as soon as someone is a Rennlister they should be given a second chance.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
ldt1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that visits here regularly should know it is a dicey proposition on whether the guy is going to deliver or not. He is just not a businessman. He probably needs the money from this months orders to pay last months bills, and on it goes. happens all the time with small, car related businesses.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by ldt1
Anyone that visits here regularly should know it is a dicey proposition on whether the guy is going to deliver or not. He is just not a businessman. He probably needs the money from this months orders to pay last months bills, and on it goes. happens all the time with small, car related businesses.
What has this got to do with anything, are we supposed to feel sorry for the guy who scams his customers so that he can make a living?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
It seems to be OK to bash e-bayers that do something as minor as mispresenting their car but as soon as someone is a Rennlister they should be given a second chance.
C'mon Anders: I don't think the sensationalism/scandalous thread is going to help the cause here. Like I say, you've been around here long enough to remember past incidents, like when your neighboring Finnish 'listers were left waiting for a long, long, time to get their stuff from a certain vendor. And yet you made your own choice.

The Finns got in touch with the Moderator, they were very, very patient, and they worked things out with the vendor. They never resorted to posting this kind of threads on the forum or taking legal action. I just don't think Rennlist is the place for this kind of stuff.

I will add that way back when the tuners decided to use the E-Mail lists to fight publicly (aka as the "tuner wars") John D. came pretty darn close to shutting the Rennlist down and calling it a day.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
87uk944t
Racer

Where exactly is the place for this then???????? Surely its here that we need to hear about what is going on with vendors that supply parts for our cars. Maybe threads like this have stopped other people from losing there money with guru so they are doing some good!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
C'mon Anders: I don't think the sensationalism/scandalous thread is going to help the cause here. Like I say, you've been around here long enough to remember past incidents, like when your neighboring Finnish 'listers were left waiting for a long, long, time to get their stuff from a certain vendor. And yet you made your own choice.

The Finns got in touch with the Moderator, they were very, very patient, and they worked things out with the vendor. They never resorted to posting this kind of threads on the forum or taking legal action. I just don't think Rennlist is the place for this kind of stuff.

I will add that way back when the tuners decided to use the E-Mail lists to fight publicly (aka as the "tuner wars") John D. came pretty darn close to shutting the Rennlist down and calling it a day.
I know about the Finns dealings with Danno, I've met Sami just after he got his stuff installed and had a ride in his 951. And I recall several posts and a few threads here about that exact deal.

I agree with you Luis, and I have e-mailed John about this with no reply. I waited for three months before posting anything in the forums. It has been very annoying sitting quiet reading about all the other threads about Dannos business.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:58 PM
AlexE
Pro

Its interesting to read everyones perspectives. I have been in a similar manner with Danno in the past............and we all know of someone (personally) who has been.

The question to all the supporters is how LONG are you gonna let this keep happening.

How long do you let that close family member rip people off?
How long are you gonna sit on the side lines and let it keep happening?
How many others that do not visit this site are getting burnt?
Is it easier not knowing how many people have been stringed along?

How anyone can use the excuse that "You've been here long enough and should know better ?" AMAZING
I think anyone with such a perspective needs to get there head out of the sand.

Anders, I think you have the right to vent your frustrations and are completely justified and have no one to apoligize to.............

I for one do not have a membership and will not state any of my grievances against any sponsors.........but it ts interesting that not having a membership is a greater crime in some individuals eyes and somehow makes you less of a person?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sweanders
Is the general conclusion here that it is ok to rip someone off if it is for a sum of not much more than 300 USD? I would like to see things more black and white...
No. That's not the general conclusion. Only a select few of his pizza run buddies and an even more elite club of guys who received their stuff and are now worried they may lose some tech support in the future.

If a site sponsor is a scammer and a thief, then this is appropriate. Who cares if his mother has cancer or if his dog has the clap? We've heard his excuses for years and at the end of the day this bum thrives on being the victim (my dog died, my girlfriend left me, my computer crashed, Travis stuck me, they shut off the phone, I’ve been depressed, my supplier didn't get me my parts, I had no rent money, my engine blew, I was out of town, the postal guys didn't show, I got molested at neverland ranch). Any of these sound familiar? I don't feel too bad for the guys who knew the risks and got burned. Everyone knows that ordering from guru is like playing roulette. It's about time someone stood up to him. John D. apparently has no intentions of clearing this up and has let this go on for years now. It doesn’t matter if it's $300 or 30,000. A thief is a thief.

For those of you who think Danno is such a great guy and an honorable man, help him out. Lend him the money to refund people, act as an escrow agent for all new orders, offer to assist by using your credit card to purchase some stock for him. Don't worry about it, Danno's a good guy and he'll pay your MasterCard when the statement comes.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a problem with a person who wants to take legal action against a vendor. If that individual feels that it is the only way to resolve an issue then fine. My problem is with people that come onto a public forum and post about.
What was the purpose of this post? To notify us uniformed owners that Danno has delivery problems? I think not as this subject has been beaten to death. So once again I will ask the question, What was the real purpose of this post and including the letter that was sent?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:08 PM
baron951
Instructor

Something should be done about small companies that take your money without delivering the products. This site in my opionon and yes I am a member should be used to share information directly realted to our pursit of performance products. However the information should be factual.
I just like many here have spent thousands of dollars on upgrades. If there is some one out there basicly stealing our money we should as a Porsche Comunity stop them or at the least get the word out to others period
Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Daddio
Instructor

I am with Anders on this. In fact, some prospective buyers of goods have been far more forebearing than they should be, which then enables and encourages further predation or misrepresentation by a few vendors, thus indirectly damaging the reputation of the many honest ones.

This thread is a vitally important one, and should not be deleted, because it gives the buying public its ONLY forum and recourse, as litigation is not a practical or realistic solution, especially when the buyer is on the other side of the planet.

A vendor is straight with us, or he isn't. He is bona fide, or he isn't. He meets his contractual obligations, or he doesn't. If he makes an offer to sell, takes an order, and receives payment, then he is obligated to complete the transaction and deliver the goods in reasonable time.

IF, for unforseen circumstances he cannot make good on timely delivery of the goods as represented, then his moral, contractual, and ethical obligation is to PROMPTLY refund the money, along with an apology.

Sick grandmothers, dogs that ate the keys, money-in-the-mail, etc.. are no excuse.

Perhaps one of the attorneys on this list can help us with this. They may start with an explanation of active versus constructive fraud, as well as the essence of contract law, implied and specific contracts, etc..
Old 02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not defending anyone. All I am saying is that delivery issue of Danno/Guru racing has been the subject of numerous posts over the last 6+ months. In my opinion it is very common knowledge on this board that people have had problems with Danno. With that said I still do not see what purpose this thread had served.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

How many of these treads do we get about this vender per year? People who read the rennlist should know better. I do think that rennlist is the place to share info on parts and experiences we have with vendors good or bad. Then we can make informed opinion on what to do, as far as purschaseing parts ect.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:32 PM
baron951
Instructor

David,
This is true but as a member of this community should we not inform others of fraud because that is what we are dealing with here so lets not over look the facts. I wanted to purchase products from a popular rennlist Vendor and I know his parts are good because everyone praises them however when I found out that I could only purchase products after laying out a couple thousand dollars I decided not to. The sad thing is the vendor I am speaking about has a great reputation and I never read anything negative about him. This is why I buy from a vendor I know will deliver my product on TIME the key word ON TIME let me say this again ON TIME.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:09 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by david fracolli
I'm not defending anyone. All I am saying is that delivery issue of Danno/Guru racing has been the subject of numerous posts over the last 6+ months. In my opinion it is very common knowledge on this board that people have had problems with Danno. With that said I still do not see what purpose this thread had served.
To me the main purpose of this thread not to complain and vent - I want Danno banned from Rennlist so that he will be unable to scam more Rennlisters.

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE