Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New to 951 World!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:48 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts
Default New to 951 World!!!

I have just backed into the 951 world by buying an Ebay '87 951 with a blown head gasket on a bit of a whim. The price was low enough that I also bought, what sounds like, an excellent motor '86 from a guy in Tenn. I'm going to pull the head on the current motor, have it checked out and if OK, replace the gasket and sell the motor. I will then put the Tenn. motor in and head for the track!!

I've been using an '88 924S at the track and it's been great fun, but I guess I just couldn't stand riding someone's bumper and then having them walk away in the straights!! I'm sure I'll have some questions for you as I proceed with this project, so I want to thank you now for your indulgence!!!

-CKKrause
Old 02-18-2005, 01:43 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

CK,
I was on the phone with T. arranging for the purchase of that motor when your email came through saying you bought it...my heart sank. Sounds like a keeper. If you are trackin it do the oil pan baffle while you have the engine out. Would you PM me when you know more on the eBay motor?

Steve
Old 02-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your 951 purchase (and the spare bullet). If you plan to track, why not build the extra motor as a spare?

Of course this is the place to ask questions about your new adventure! I look forward to reading your posts! Congrats!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:19 AM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Steve-

Sorry about that...but it sure seems like the motor is going to be a good one!!! I talked to the original owner and mechanic about it and you would not believe how ****(in the best sense!) they were on maintaining it. If you are in sacatomato, I would guess I'll see you at Infineon or Thunderhill at some point this spring or summer...

Baffle?? Oh, like in the other thread going now... maybe so, I think i'm going to put a new oil pan gasket on while it's anyway....

-CKKrause

Quick Reply: New to 951 World!!!