Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Have you removed the airbag computer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Claus Groth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you removed the airbag computer?

I need advise about how to remove the airbag computer above the glovebox. does the dashboard have to be removed to get to the top screws or nuts? What kind of tool removes them?

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Claus, I'm not sure if 87 951's are the same, but in new porsches, they use break away nuts, you'll need a special socket to remove those nuts. Thats about all the feedback I can throw out there.
Do you, by chance, have a late style oil pressure relief valve i can buy? If so, I can come pick it up... I wouldn't be surprised if i end up with other things too. I'd love to see your garage!
~Eyal
Old 02-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.944s2.com has a good write up of the wiring. The actual computer is the orange Seimens controller above the DME/KLR, so no you don't have to remove the glovebox but you might have more room to work on it if you do. Part of the wiring there goes to the DME and fuel pump. If the computer senses a deployment, it shuts down the fuel. This will have to bypassed and also the warning lights too. Tom Pultz (IIRC) wrote a good article on this on his website above. We also have the wiring listed in our "Track Car pics" on about page 3-4 I think on how to bypass it with the wire numbers.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I used a vise grip on the rip-nuts.

Quick Reply: Have you removed the airbag computer?