Old 03-27-2005, 06:41 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nize
black ice + snow + sudden whiteout blizzard + mountain roads =

i walked away with barely a scratch.

the car is currently in kelowna (canada) and needs to get to seattle (usa). if anybody with towing abilities can help me retrieve it after the snow melts, i'd appreciate it.
i put up a post/pics not too long ago when i was t-boned in the "s".

these p-cars are far more durable in a major crash than i ever imagined they could be.
i figured i'd never get something as nice and ended up with a sweeeeeet 951.

things happen for a reason, it's not always clear until the dust settles.

you'll recover and be better for it.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 PM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nize,
Sorry for you loss. I'm glad that you are ok, these cars crash worthiness is one of the reasons that I stay with the marque.

-John
Old 03-27-2005, 11:04 PM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcb928
First, I am glad you are ok......BUT why would you driving a 951 with black ice,snow, In a blizzard and on mountain roads? from the pics it looks like you crashed at speed.

Sorry for your loss but it is 100% your fault for driving in those conditions.

JB, your 100% an *** for posting this. At least wait for the guy to post his story before trashing him. geez

-John
Old 03-28-2005, 03:01 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nize- I'm sorry for your loss... glad you're alive.... But DAMN! That story freaked me out just to READ.... I'm curious about something, &, don't take me wrong- I'm not judging or anything, no matter what your answer is, but, you mentioned that you were trying to slow w/the engine & the rear end kept coming around.... does your car not have ABS? Even if it does, I know that sometimes ABS does not work on ice, although my 951's has worked on black ice before & even smooth sheet ice, of course, I'm sure there are circumstances in particular inctances when it might not.... again, not saying you should have done this or should have done that- in a situation like that, you're lucky to react in any way- it's also wild what goes through your head in those moments... "Why didn't the air bags deploy?" I had a friend who rolled a Prelude in late 80's- the first thing he said when he got out.... SECONDS later..... was: "Man... I think I lost my Ray Bans..." Anyway, again, glad you're ok physically.... hope things start getting better for you...
Old 03-28-2005, 03:14 AM
nize
Banned

thanks for the kind words guys. the car does not have abs and i doubt abs would have prevented this accident. the whole roadway was slick with black ice for miles and it was all downhill.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nize
thanks for the kind words guys. the car does not have abs and i doubt abs would have prevented this accident. the whole roadway was slick with black ice for miles and it was all downhill.
yeah... you may be right about the ABS- I try to never assume anything is perfect & unless someone has been in the exact same situation, it's impossible to know what would, or, would not have worked..... it sounds like you did about everything anyone COULD have done... It's amazing that it came on so suddenly though, like you said... I'll know to watch for sings like that in the future.... also considering getting my windows tinted, but, I want it REALLY light..... anyway... wish our words could help more... hang in there....

Quick Reply: the end of an era