Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where to Buy Charley Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
cooz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Buy Charley Arms?

where can I purchase a pair of Charley Arms?

are they available anywhere?
Old 02-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark Blaszak--do a web search, IIRC he is somewhere is Canada. I bought rebuilt control arms from him and they were top-notch.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Charlie arms are hard to come by. There are some rumors that they are out of production. Try Paragon Products.

I also believe that Racer's Edge is making some comparable arms.

Max
Old 02-07-2005, 10:07 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric
Mark Blaszak--do a web search, IIRC he is somewhere is Canada. I bought rebuilt control arms from him and they were top-notch.
Just an FYI...

Charlie Arms are a specific brand of control arms. Blaszak's are a competitor to Charlie Arms.

Here's a list of control arm manufacturers: http://www.weissach.net/Suppliers_92...ns.html#A-Arms

Karl.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
MW
Rennlist Member

I think Milledge has them.

http://www.jmengines.com/

I am thinking about going with the Kokeln's. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Mike
Old 02-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I bought the very first set of "Charlie" arms sold years ago from Jon Milledge. I'd try him first. He had a hand in the design and testing. The arms are made by Wrightwood Racing. They are also famous for "Charlie Bar" 911 sway bars. The owner is well-known in professional circles. Very well-known. He also marches to his own beat when it comes to "production" schedules...

We tested my pins (19 mm diamter) at 20 hours and they showed no wear. I have not heard of any problems with Charlie's arms except they are sometime hard to find.

I have see most of the rest, including the arms from Canada. I have used the Fabcars. I have had two stock control arm failures on a well-maintained and professionally set-up car. In both cases, they were rebuilt (by a "reputable" vendor) 944 Turbo S arms.

If you drive your 944 series car on the track, you should make sure you are informed regarding control arms. The Fabcars have been the standard. Charlie's are a new standard. Either would be a good choice. I wouldn't put anything else on my car. It could be that the folks at Racer's Edge have/will have another well-designed set. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Charley Arms?