Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What do you guys think? (intake off with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:29 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chapstic951
hosrom,
Can you take a picture of the 87 hose update once you have it installed. I am getting ready to put mine in soon and I would like to see what it looks like in place so I can make sure the orientation is correct.
All lines removed and replaced with 3 new hoses in total

Intake is on, but will contunite finishing up after a few hours
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
chapstic951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:02 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks good. btw, isn't that your car in your signature? What color is it? It looks gray, very nice color hosrom.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sorry, but i can't believe dave is still selling that 1/2" blue hose for the brake booster line. There is a specific porsche hose with the proper bends in it that installs much cleaner. That 1/2" line is crap trying to make it fit without kinking. (funny thing is, i have seen a kit come from him with the brake booster hose, so why it isnt standard, i dont know). Also, toss the CV valve, install the boost controller. If you pull that cv mounting plate, just remember to add washers, or the bolts will bottom out before they get tight. Jack up the passenger side of the car, put a jack stand under it, reach under pull the old hose off the wastegate and install the new one that will run to the controller, shouldnt take more than 5 minutes.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok, i retract that previous statement, now that i see the last picture that you do have the hose....why did he send you 1/2 hose then?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:11 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intake Manifold Vacuum line update kit
Hussam,

You mentioned an intake manifold vacuum line update kit from LR that replaces the old stuff, but I can't find that on their website. Can you point me to it, or at least tell me what category it's in? Their website isn't the easiest to naviagate...

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Matt, it is not listed on their sight, you need to call dave and tell him you want to delete the venturi system out of the car, and what stuff do you need. Someone really needs to tell him to put that on his website so people can just order it online.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:31 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are referring to the picture below, it's what I got from My Swiss.
So you are saying the blue hose is useless?

Does anybody know what the shorter blue hose is for?

Old 01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read the thread...but still dont comprehend what the Venturi Valve does...can someone give me an explanation really quick?

-Richard
Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueM3
I read the thread...but still dont comprehend what the Venturi Valve does...can someone give me an explanation really quick?

-Richard
A nasty assine mess of hoses and plastic valves that routes air around, like to the CV and such.

Its such a mess that even Porsche redesigned it later on.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

eivind, oh, sorry didnt see where the pic came from...stupid headache. There is a porsche hose that replaces that 1/2" blue hose. It is a formed, molded hose that has all the correct bends. You can see it installed in Hos' last picture. I still have the 1/2" blue hose on my car, and it just doesn't fit right (kinks) due to the angles it has to make.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:57 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chapstic951
Very nice.
Thank you

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
Looks good. btw, isn't that your car in your signature? What color is it? It looks gray, very nice color hosrom.
Car is painted black by PO but it's originally red, India Red in fact

Originally Posted by Karl2bdc
Ok, i retract that previous statement, now that i see the last picture that you do have the hose....why did he send you 1/2 hose then?

Which hose are you referring to??

Originally Posted by mattplatts
Hussam,

You mentioned an intake manifold vacuum line update kit from LR that replaces the old stuff, but I can't find that on their website. Can you point me to it, or at least tell me what category it's in? Their website isn't the easiest to naviagate...

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Karl2bdc
Matt, it is not listed on their sight, you need to call dave and tell him you want to delete the venturi system out of the car, and what stuff do you need. Someone really needs to tell him to put that on his website so people can just order it online.

hate to burst you bubble Karl: http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...KEMANIFOLDMISC

(on the website, go to intake, then miscellaneous)

Note: Get new intake manifold gaskets as well (look at my before and after pics), also get a LOT of vacuum lines to comlete the job.

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
If you are referring to the picture below, it's what I got from My Swiss.
So you are saying the blue hose is useless?

Does anybody know what the shorter blue hose is for?

Look at this porceedure i believe Karl did, i believe there are two hoses (blue) because he wants to save you the hassle of cutting the one long hose and intalling the T instead (LR's hose has no cuttings as i mentioned).....send me your e-mail (or email me directly) and i shall attach the document for you

BTW, my CV is shot i am was boosting 2bar on 2nd gear on 50% throttle @4,000rpm damn.........turbo sounded like a jet engine for a second, but yes, i am driving it VERY carefully until i get a MBC (or used CV) tomorrow.....
Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Laust Pedersen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Venturi

RougeM3,

The venturi is a device that is functionally in parallel with the Idle Stabilizer Valve (ISV, a.k.a. idle motor) and both bridges the throttle plate.

Whenever there is flow (red to blue line), the venturi generates additional vacuum to the brake booster. That vacuum is also generated under part throttle boost, keeping the brake boost effective even during repeated use under load.

The venturi has an internal O-ring, that also holds its two parts together, but leaks and lose clamping force with age.

This is not necessarily a “turbo engine device” since it also is in the 928 engine.

I have not quantified how much benefit the venturi does, but I am sure some, so mine is still there, but with a new O-ring and an extra hose clamp ensuring that the two pieces do not separate under high boost.

Hosrom, nice work, did you actually remove your venturi?

Laust

Last edited by Laust Pedersen; 01-14-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Hussam -

When was the last time your fuel lines were replaced? I'd address them as well.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:47 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
Andrew, as you can see, when ordering from My Swiss you get something different than when ordering from Lindsey. So just calling them "Porsche OEM hoses" wouldn't be sufficient.
I agree, thats why I used the LR example

Quick Reply: What do you guys think? (intake off with pics)