Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What do you guys think? (intake off with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:14 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evind:

This may help:

Red circle is the brake booster line from the intake to the T on the brake booster (where the blue/black check valve connects).

Green cicle is the updated hose from the ISV OUTLET to the inter cooler

Blue circle is the new ISV hose to intake

Now, i recon that the remaining blue silicon hose is from the brake booster check valve to the T, when i contacted MySwiss i was informed that there were 2 new updates OEM hoses and blue silicon but i wasn't told/didn't know how many hoses are in the kit.

But it doesn't matter to me since i have Laust's vacuum manifold which allows me to connect 5 extra ports to the manifold i have plans for that !
Old 01-27-2005, 06:56 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hussam; the hose from the bb checkvalve to manifold in your picture doesn't look any longer than the one I got from My Swiss. Can I bother you to measure it?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hussam- Technically you don't have to get under the car to bypass the cv. For a perfectly functional, but slightly ghetto solution, just take the line that goes from the cv to the wastegate and splice it to a new line coming from your mbc. Then replace the spliced line with a new one-piece line whenever you get a chance.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
Hussam; the hose from the bb checkvalve to manifold in your picture doesn't look any longer than the one I got from My Swiss. Can I bother you to measure it?

No problem, will do tomorrow (it's 4:05am after midnight now) need some sleep LOL

Benz: Yes, i was thinking of doing just that. Problem is, if i took off the intake manifold and found all hoses are cracked and torn, how would the condition of the WG line be? probably more/less the same right?

One of the CV ports is broken, and i hope by tomorrow the glue has dried, if not, i guess i need a new/used CV or a MBC but that would take days and my car is a daily driver

Is there a method of making a MBC yourself??? (just asking in case of emergency )
Old 01-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shameless plug: I have a next to new CBV if anyone is interested.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z.
You don't need a special hose for the brake booster, you can just use a generic hose. Actually, that is what Lindsey sent me when I ordered it back in 2003.

Agreed. I bought a few feet of bulk hose at the local autoparts store. Fits, looks and works as good as the Por$che part.

As for cleaning, a bottle of Simple Green or 409 and an old tooth brush works pretty well on the aluminum.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hosrom,
thanks for posting these pics first.
Second, the line that lindsey supplied you with is a one piece with no place in the middle to have the heater valve or whatever that blue valve thingy is that is Td off the middle white connector. Have you noticed this? What do you do about it?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:31 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I get tired of people calling vendors products the XXX kit such as the "LR venturi delete kit". They are Porsche OEM hoses... they dont do anything special or wonderful, you can get them anywhere.

PS you will need to cut the brake booster hose to fit the vac valve connection.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:40 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by Zero10
the j boot usually fails at about the same time the rubber hoses do.
I have noticed some of the Kits offerred mention needing a different J-boot than stock in order to install their Turbos. (I think this was with one of the SFR kits)..what is the j-boot and what does it do...

Again, I am sorry to pop up in every thread with a question but I am really interested in all of these posts and have spent a long time reading and developing questions regarding most of the active threads here.

-Richard
Old 01-28-2005, 03:44 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Richard,

the J-boot is the rubber hose assembly that attaches to the turbo and your air cleaner system. The ID of the J-pipe is 2.25". So if you get a new turbo with a bigger inlet you need a bigger J-pipe (called so becuase of its shape) to match the new inlet size of the turbo.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:47 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by NZ951
Richard,

the J-boot is the rubber hose assembly that attaches to the turbo and your air cleaner system. The ID of the J-pipe is 2.25". So if you get a new turbo with a bigger inlet you need a bigger J-pipe (called so becuase of its shape) to match the new inlet size of the turbo.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

-Richard
Old 01-28-2005, 03:50 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I get tired of people calling vendors products the XXX kit such as the "LR venturi delete kit". They are Porsche OEM hoses... they dont do anything special or wonderful, you can get them anywhere.

Still a sore subject, eh?

Thanks for clearing that vac line thingy up.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:55 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Not a sore subject as such, its a marketing gimmick that people get suckered into, next thing you know some people think you can only get that kit frm that vendor, but its a crock and you get ripped off because vendors like Sunset sell the OEM parts at cost. Thats the issue.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:39 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew, as you can see, when ordering from My Swiss you get something different than when ordering from Lindsey. So just calling them "Porsche OEM hoses" wouldn't be sufficient.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:00 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Hosrom,
thanks for posting these pics first.
Second, the line that lindsey supplied you with is a one piece with no place in the middle to have the heater valve or whatever that blue valve thingy is that is Td off the middle white connector. Have you noticed this? What do you do about it?
That is true, but i ddon't plan on that since the climate control system's vacuum is going to be plugged into Laust's vacuum manifold

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
Andrew, as you can see, when ordering from My Swiss you get something different than when ordering from Lindsey. So just calling them "Porsche OEM hoses" wouldn't be sufficient.
True....

Regarding the measurments, the LR brake booster hose is ~960mm after straigtening the bends (from tip to tip)

I have a problem with the CV, trying to fix it

If not, then i would need to install the MBC (which i don't want to since i still dont have the boost gauge plugged in and dont really have much time to do all these.....)

Quick Reply: What do you guys think? (intake off with pics)