Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can't get the gin off my face - flat foot shifting using simple MSD components...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:46 PM
peytoncarvell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 maybe?

Originally Posted by special tool
Just tested it, it is a lot of fun. I alread had a capacitive discharge MSD 6AL - so this cost LESS THAN $100!!
You need:
-MSD 6al (or 6a plus the soft tuch rev control)
-MSD two step,or three step rev limiter
-WIRE
-fuse holder
-clutch switch that is CLOSED when you depress peal (stock cruise switch is
opposite
-panel switch to disarm

The 3 step rev control plugs into the 6al. The 3 step activates 3 separate rev limits according to inputs from a 12 volt signal wire. There are 2 switchables and 1 default. When 12 volts is supplied to limit 1, that limit is activated.
I have it wired so that when I push the clutch, I get 4000 revs - and I hold my foot flat, so it STAYS there during the shift - no higher and no lower
I am not using the 3rd limit yet..
My default is set to 7000 rpm - this chip comes standard with 6AL

I am always at torque peak, and it keeps the turbo spoled a HELL of a lt better than just the bypass valve!!
f you don't have the 6al, it wll cost you $300 TOTAL - but don't forget, you are getting a REAL ignition system to boot.

Keep in mnd also - this is in essence launch control also. Just hold clutch in and you are at whatever rev you plug in.

I will get back to you guys when I have the $150 full traction control worked out using stock ABS computer...
will this work with a 997.1 carrera non turbo?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Adker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, your engine has coil packs on each spark plug.

I would do it but here you go: http://howtoporsche.com/911-series/9...aunch-control/

Quick Reply: Can't get the gin off my face - flat foot shifting using simple MSD components...