Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Standalone, what do you have and how do you like it???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:33 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not ready to buy at this point, I want to hear it run before I buy a standalone. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself, lol.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B951S
AEM, if you are interested in the complete kit, AEM 1010 box, terminated harness, CDI unit, coils, MAP sensor, boost solenoid, 60-2 kit etc, drop me a line. I am thinking of selling it.
What would the price of that be? Just curious.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:37 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Send me a PM and I can provide you a full spec of whats on offer.
Cheers.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Matt Sheppard considered running SDS. . . It's not true 3D, so was waiting to see how Link was going to pan out through Danno or PD.

He purchased a Tec 2 system recently but wont install it until late '05 (!) with how his current employer is slamming him. He really ought to consider changing that soon if he can.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its an interesting point that some people make about using the stock sensors and wiring. Personally I believe that the stock sensors and wiring are half the reason to get a standalone ECU. - ie getting rid of the old wiring and replacing it with new wire, connectors and sensors is a big step towards improving reliability (assuming the new wiring is done properly)

To correct an earlier post (sharky's) regarding my E6X, it is not yet fully installed in the car (due lack of time on my part) however I have solved all the trigger, sensor and mounting issues. The solution is pretty tidy and did not require any drilling into the existing metalwork. It also happens to mount the DFU coils in a position that enables the stock plug wires to be used and locates all the sensors within a 12 inch radius which provides the benefit of making the wiring loom pretty simple (to route and shield) since much of it goes to the one area where all the sensors and ignition components are.

Quick Reply: Standalone, what do you have and how do you like it???