Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AIR splitter GB feeler thread for Feb...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:05 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no I dont want to pay double just to have the look I am just concerned about weight. Thanks for the heads up rich. It looks like fiberglass will be fine then. I dont know if I will be able to raise the money in time for this group buy but, I hope so. I am spending money left and right and now it seems I am going to have to shell out some more coin to PCA...not to mention I will need to meet their safety equipment standards for 05. So I got a crap load going on right. I might take the car up to perry hand him the club racing rule book and say "make it legal" lol. Looks like I have a very invloved next 6 months coming my way.

I have to attend their club racing school and knock 12 club track days under my belt just to optain their rookie license...then I have to hold and carry that for 4 more track days ....then finally I become a full member. Going to be a hell of a lot of fun. I hope work stays like it has been so that I will be able to attend all the session's I need to not to mention the pro DE. Otherwise I wont reach full club racing membership till next season....ouch.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:39 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I am not going to try further deal with AIR, if they dont pick up their phone or reply to a number of emails, then I am not going to deal with communication in a group buy sense when there are 10+ people involved and trying to get responses from AIR about shipping etc! It would be a huge mess. So unless someone wants to try and communicate with them like I have asked in eariler posts (so I am guessing not), then I will get one from another vendor, the savings are good and their splitter is nice, but if they dont communicate it makes it hard!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree NZ.....they need to respond. Maybe sending the sales order of another vendor might get their answer. Or, maybe they are having internet trouble???
Old 01-23-2005, 07:20 PM
NZ951
Race Director

They can still pick up the phone though! I wonder if they are having a long break off over the new year?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:11 PM
faithless
Pro

If they don't answer the first email, not likely to answer any more. This is a rule of mine: if I feel at all uncertain about a vendor, send an email, and see how long it takes to receive a response. No response, drop them. I got burned once by a bastard that shorted me an item in an order, didnt respond to e-mails, and gave me a bull**** line on the phone in NJ and hung up on me. I would have dropped him some anthrax if I lived in NJ.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

I would be interested but, dont get me wrong, Which spliter would we be getting (pictures?) and what would the price be?

Also what would the ground clearance be cause here in Connecticut the roads are not exactly...flat... yeah..

Just a couple questions

-Ian
Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I think they have already been answered in a thread before this one was setup Ian... barring the price of course which is being sorted out hopefully by someone that PM'd me.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Adam H
Pro

Originally Posted by TurboX
I would be interested but, dont get me wrong, Which spliter would we be getting (pictures?)
A search for "AIR splitter pics" should yield more than enough results. If you can picture the two most common types, it's the more rounded one. . .

and what would the price be?
In the last group buy(s), they went for $200 plus shipping (about $240 total, IIRC). Normal price is $250 plus shipping, I believe.

Also what would the ground clearance be cause here in Connecticut the roads are not exactly...flat... yeah..
Not very good, unfortunately. That's something I'm also worried about, but I probably won't color match mine. . .
Old 01-24-2005, 02:08 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Whats the general pricing on these things. Pete944 seems to think it takes way too much abuse on a daily basis to have on the car so he keeps it off unless hes at a car show. Id hate to drive with one on and run over a manhole cover and rip off the entire front end of my car.

Id love one but
a) I dont know how to install one
b) I dont know how to paint one

I think I'll wait until I can finally convince XSBoost to paint my car.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:26 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

To All:

Even though I am not going to be a part of this potential buy group, I wanted to let you know that A.I.R. is open. I just placed an order with them for a piece, and they picked up the phone on the 1st ring. So they are there. Hope this helps eveyeone.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks Adam.

-Ian (still interested in the splitter)
Old 01-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
To All:

Even though I am not going to be a part of this potential buy group, I wanted to let you know that A.I.R. is open. I just placed an order with them for a piece, and they picked up the phone on the 1st ring. So they are there. Hope this helps eveyeone.

Hey!

NZ, want to do a last trie? Anybody else? I`m in norway, so its just stupid for me to organize something like this..
Old 01-24-2005, 10:35 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Guys,

I'll make a phone call in the next couple of days, and let everyone know what they say. i'm a bit swamped right now, but I'll make the phone calls, and get back here with the info. I'll know something for certain, by Saturday. Hang in there. E
Old 01-24-2005, 10:44 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/ This is their site for those of you with questions about how it looks. Also you can easily do a search for "AIR group buy" and you'll get plenty of info. E
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

I do like the look of that and it looks like it does leave some good amount of clearance... But i'm going have to say no because I have to worry about the motor getting back in the car and then starting for now. O well...

-Ian

Quick Reply: AIR splitter GB feeler thread for Feb...