Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of street racing?
I think street racing is ok.
32.61%
I think street racing is wrong.
67.39%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Street racing poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005 | 12:32 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I don't think that a forum can in any way be punitive and prevent anyone from street racing. As such, what the hell are you trying to do. This is meaningless. Ironically this is not the *forum* where this kind of thing can be fought against. It just won't work. This really constitutes noise in my opinion. But, for the record I don't agree with street racing in the form of kids racing each other at stoplights etc.. I mean I was in tampa every weekend watching one of the largest collections of street racers in the country before I moved up here to the U. The reality was that most of those kids were retarded and I wouldn't trust them to control a power-wheels. Meh. I would quite rennlist but at least the noise to signal ratio is good. At least I have been part of the scene to comment.... (i'll save comments about being a qtip armchair commentor)
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:33 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW boostguy...We want the old avatar back Roll Tide!
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:37 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by ehall
AND... You keep your religion out of it. I WAS referring to your preaching, NOt your religion!
Oh, really?
Originally Posted by ehal
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAhaUHAHahahhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!......burp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gulp.... halleluja!
Nice ehal. Changed your mind in less than 30 minutes.
-Z.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:44 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostGuy951
Joe, that is the most funny thing I have ever seen.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:46 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Once again, ...there, Jim Baker...You brought your religion into this. I thought you were acting like a preacher. I think you were picking an old dead fight (VERY CHRISTIAN OF YOU!) I don't care that you are born again, nor even that you were born the first time. You could be Osama Bin Laden, and I wouldn't give a crap about your religion. Zealotry is zealotry. As I recall it was the self professed zealot's that were cast out of the temple, or some such fable. You would do well to listen to your god. He sent you a sign ....or didn't you see it?
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:47 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I clicked the "I think street racing is wrong." option because basicly street racing is bad.

However, occasionaly when I am out driving with friends and we end up on a wide empty piece of road we go at it and compare the acceleration of our cars.

Ironicly, this has mostly happened on the way to the track or on the way home from it..
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:53 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by ehall
Once again, ...there, Jim Baker...You brought your religion into this. I thought you were acting like a preacher. I think you were picking an old dead fight (VERY CHRISTIAN OF YOU!) I don't care that you are born again, nor even that you were born the first time. You could be Osama Bin Laden, and I wouldn't give a crap about your religion. Zealotry is zealotry. As I recall it was the self professed zealot's that were cast out of the temple, or some such fable. You would do well to listen to your god. He sent you a sign ....or didn't you see it?
Ok, you have made your point. I saw the picture. Funny haha...

You don't respect me. Fine. Now I ask you- kindly stop with the religious slurs. They are offending me. YOU are the one who started with my 'preaching.' Now you've added more to it, and have gone over the top. Drop it man. There is no need for that. You know it offends me, so please stop. Be civil about it, and show some respect for my wishes.

Thank you,
-Zoltan.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:56 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

What if street racing is someone's religion? What is religion? One may even ben a zealot of street racing. Hmmmmm
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:58 AM
NZ951
Race Director

What about some respect for Big John's wishes when he wanted to drop the subject in the last thread about his video's and what he does in them, he wont post them now becuase of the attacks and pressure he feels from a small group. People may feel its wrong but still do it and still like watching them. This thread is a deliberate one that will only ever offend Big John and what he does...
Old 01-12-2005 | 01:00 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Good call then. How is the religious attack in any way paramount to the attack against john?
Old 01-12-2005 | 01:32 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Allow me to clarify: when I started this post, it was my understanding that John believed that most people here would disagree with Tifosiman's views on street racing. Apparently, I misunderstood John's words. Instead of having a guessing game to that end, I started a poll. It may have been based upon a discussion in John's thread, but it was not intended to personally attack John. When I started this poll, I was unaware that John was referring to a poll he posted long ago where apparently 90% of the people here wanted John to keep posting his videos here.

I have referred to John's videos in this thread, but I assumed that since he posted them in a public forum for all to see, then he would not have a problem with people discussing said videos and expressing their opinions about them. I have not attacked John's character or anything about him. I have only pointed out that his videos portray a driver who is reckless and does not follow common sense. Hey, if you're going to post something like that on the internet, it is safe to assume that people will comment on it! John had no problem with people commenting on how 'cool' the videos were. So folks who agree with him are allowed to post their views, but those who don't are not allowed, and get hell for it? Is that fair?

Regardless of why I posted this poll, or what my intentions were, it seems that while it is a problem to 'attack' John's videos here, it is no problem to flame those who do not condone street racing. As a matter of fact, when such a person asks someone to stop using religious slurs, that person carries on, totally disrespecting that person's request. Pot, meet kettle.

I would love to discuss all this with John, but alas, he has put me on his 'ignore' list. I have not prevented him from posting here - he has choosen to ignore it, and has written my opinions off due to ONE POST of mine. That is his choice. Do not blame me for John's actions. (AGAIN - THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK FOLKS - I am just clarifying what's going on, so don't get your panties out of bunch!)

I was really hoping to discuss the topic of street racing, and exchange views on it. I was hoping to stay away from the typical arguments (safety issues, illegal or not...etc). which we have. However, instead of those arguments, I find myself getting slammed left and right and being accused of personally attacking people and such.

It is unfortunate that this thread has reached this point. I guess that's what happens when you argue on the internet.

-Z-man.
Old 01-12-2005 | 01:38 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you read above Gator, I don't know if you did or not, I never attacked his religion in my original post. He took it that way, and I responded. Then boostguy posted, which was funny as hell, if for no other reason than the fact that he even had that picture, much less the photo shop effort. And I laughed my butt off. Z-man brought it back to me again...and I responded...awfully clearly. So let's be clear. I have nothing against any religion! I used a preacher reference, intendeed as that only, a refernce to "preaching", not a reference to born again christianity.
As for my original reply. I stand by it 100%. This post wasn't started with random refernce to street racing. It was started with an immediate personal attack on John. It begins with 2 quotes from John. It COULD have begun with ...oh say... the line of stats that he posted to support his argument MUCH later. Alas, he is offended by a personal attack? Good! Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Guess where I got that? It's not a religious thing. It's a sanctimonious thing. AND it's hypocritical to cry foul at a perceived personal attack, when he opened an entire post as a personal attack.
Z, if you were offended by a religious reference, than I apologize sincerely. If you were offended by being called out, then too bad. You know as well as I do that in "OUR" church, that is not what "WE" were taught.
Old 01-12-2005 | 01:40 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Why do we even need a poll? Why does it matter? He will post them if he wants, if you or anyone else does not want to see them, dont download them. You dont like what he does, fine, you said it, move on. If you want to make a difference, make a hand-out and hit the streets and hand them out to "street racers".
Old 01-12-2005 | 01:54 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Was it worth starting a thread over comments a newb made?
Old 01-12-2005 | 06:24 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
What about some respect for Big John's wishes when he wanted to drop the subject in the last thread about his video's and what he does in them, he wont post them now becuase of the attacks and pressure he feels from a small group. People may feel its wrong but still do it and still like watching them. This thread is a deliberate one that will only ever offend Big John and what he does...
AND:

Originally Posted by NZ951
Why do we even need a poll? Why does it matter? He will post them if he wants, if you or anyone else does not want to see them, dont download them. You dont like what he does, fine, you said it, move on. If you want to make a difference, make a hand-out and hit the streets and hand them out to "street racers".

I think you have missed the point. He is STILL posting them because he has a link to them in his signature line. The "pressure he feels from a small group" did not cease his actions. It's not about whether the majority want to see the videos or not. Or whether or not they choose to download them. It's about posting them here on Rennlist and any issues that may cause. No one has set out to offend John. Never did I slag him or insult him, nor did anyone else that I can tell.

Using your own logic, if you don't care for this poll or our commentary, then feel free not to open the post or read it.

Quick Reply: Street racing poll