Old 01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Darius Juca
I checked the TPS not througly with continuiti meter becouse mine is kaputt but the TPS clicks and seems to be fine...but as nize said it could still be faulty....what would a clogged fuel filter be like..I am getting steady pressure and it drops for a spit second when I rev it but then goes right back up and stabilizes, back to hunting vacuum leaks....would a vacuum leak make my car misfire though???it misfires bad sometimes especially off idle or when I am at a stoplight and try to get going..misfires worst in 1st and 2nd....I am in a bad didnancial situatuon and would hate to buy a new TPS if not neededin idle when NOT in gear the car SOMETimes misfires and stumbles when reved off idle but once up in higher rpm it does fine..unless in gear and boost...
Darius, It might be the TPS, but the map on the SMT5 might have changed as well. Why don't you d a log and email me the log file so I can look at it... Don't start throwing money at it yet... I sent you a PM and didn't hear back from you. Best to email me directly.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Imust have overlooked the pm...I am currently using the terminator chip/cap....and it's still doing it....
Old 01-08-2005, 12:49 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Reinstall the SMT5, make sure the correct map is loaded. Do a data log, and I will be able to assist you. Send me an e-mail...

Quick Reply: OK now it's getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1