Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up pro M update!

HURRAY!!

IT DIDN'T WORK!
YES, ALRIGHT!

IMPORT HARDWARE NOT FOUND!

I CAN'T USE THOSE DOWNLOADS,
EVEN IF COPIED INTO THE FORD FILE AND SUCCESSFULLY LOADED I CAN'T CONNECT!

HURRAY!

NOW FOR WHATEVER REASON MY CAR IS SHAKING HORRIBLY LIKE IT HAS A HUGE EXHAUST LEAK

HURRAY!

DID i MENTION THAT i COULDN'T USE THOSE FILES?
LIKE I'VE SAID 100 TIMES ALREADY

Old 12-30-2004, 08:07 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet! You must be stoked...
Old 12-30-2004, 08:12 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weird post
Old 12-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

Nice girl!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:25 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Might wanna get rid of the Pro M
Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

emwporsche Do you have the Zeitronix datalogger by any chance?

I have recently been tuning the my PowerPerfect on the track car. I took it to a deserted road recently and made some power runs to get A/F ratio in the ballpark. Now back home, it wouldn't idle. Today I wired the MAF input to the DME (which is the PowerPerfect output) to the user channel of the datalogger. I could then see the voltage vs. the air/fuel ratio of the wide band O2 sensor. I didn't use the four ***** at all because they change the curve over a wide range. I viewed the datalogger output after running the car and wrote down voltage vs. air/fuel ratio. I then changed the applicable voltages only and now have it idleing perfectly.

I'll be taking the car to the dyno day arranged by Cyrus951 in a couple of weeks and finish dialing it in. I think that the unit is great but it cannot be tuned well by the four *****.

I'll send my file if you want. I have a stock engine and turbo with 4" cone air filter in cold air box, Lindsey MAF, 55lb Siemens injectors, AFPR set at 38 PSI idle (stock) open 3" exhaust, TiAL wastegate with separate pipe.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

I forgot to include Weltmeister chips, Apexi AVC-R boost controller set at 17 PSI.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:56 AM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

Today I wired the MAF input to the DME (which is the PowerPerfect output) to the user channel of the datalogger. I could then see the voltage vs. the air/fuel ratio of the wide band O2 sensor. I didn't use the four ***** at all because they change the curve over a wide range. I viewed the datalogger output after running the car and wrote down voltage vs. air/fuel ratio. I then changed the applicable voltages only and now have it idleing perfectly.

I do have the zeitronix unit.
can you please further explain how you wired or more so what wires you used to do that?

I was really pissed off today, so nothing but breaking things was accomplished.
but I did realize that I can just write down the voltages from one of the downloads and then just type them in.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

The AFM or MAF input into the DME is a green/red stripe wire. You cut that wire when you installed the Power Perfect fuel controller. You attached the yellow wire to the MAF side of the green/red wire and the orange wire to the DME side.

Connect the Zeitronix blue wire to the orange & green/red connection. This will then show the voltage going into the DME. I datalogged from idle to 1.3 volts. As I studied the datalog strip chart, I wrote down the a/f ratios that I didn't like along with the corresponding Power Perfect voltages. back at the laptop, I guessed at replacement voltages, downloaded to the eprom and tried again. After a few tries I got the low end perfect. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: pro M update!