Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

easy turbo-s klr upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Bengt Sweden
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that little extra fuel at WOT at 5000rpm will be impossible to detect while driving. It's there to give slightly richer mixture to fit with the slightly higher boost that the KLR provides for the #8.

My point is that the slight improvement, especially when keeping the #6 turbo, is not worth it but on the other hand there will be no negative effects. Differences in WG, CV and general condition will make a bigger difference. The same goes with differences in FPR, injectors, AFM etc on an old car. The difference in mapping is within the tolerances of all the rest.

Then the differences in an aftermarket chip together with an MBC are much more radical and will cost less.

Yes there are differences between the turbos, but a new turbo was not part of the package offered.

I just wanted people to see for themselves what the differences are in mapping and the you can judge yourselve. I don't know of any differences in the boxes themselves that would justify an upgrade.

Cheers
Bengt
Old 12-27-2004, 09:19 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bengt - a very slight change in the Motronc mappng yields a difference both on a wideband AND on a dyno.

Have you experienced the small changes made on a wideband or on a dyno YOURSELF?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Bengt Sweden
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, I have.

Quick Reply: easy turbo-s klr upgrade?