951 GTP Kits & More!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Paul968
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 951 GTP Kits & More!!!

Hello everyone,

Good news....... I had a lengthy discussion with the head guy at Brembo this afternoon.
The 951 GTP kits had a release date of maybe a year+.... but with a little persuasion I managed to get them to agree to put the tooling in now!

To do this I need only 12-15 orders...... then they will go into full production mode, exclusive to Powerwerks!
This equipment is the very best and latest technology the market has to offer. It is the successor and replacement for the Big Reds!

Not only is it smaller in ever way but will fit under a 16 inch rim..... good news for those of you with 16's. Don't let the smaller size fool you....... these system's are substantially more ridged then the big reds, offering a massive amount more clamping force then the big reds!

The cooling ability is twice as efficient and the rotational mass per wheel is 18lbs less!
So your talking nearly 80lbs weight saving on a F&R set!

These kits are found on your top form of motor sport cars...... GT, ALMS, GRAND AM etc.....

Ok hears the pricing..... if you were to by each individual piece from Brembos Motorsport division the cost would be a staggering $3600+

I have negotiated the Kit price (FRONT - Rotors, Calipers, SS Brake lines, Adapters, Hub and Mounting hardware) for $1950
There rear Kit may be a little less.... maybe $1850
Available in Red, Black and Silver! (Add $20 per caliper for red)

Anyone willing to pre-order a kit now..... then wait while they go into production (I am getting a firm ETD off Brembo Tomorrow - but I would guess around a month) I am willing to knock off an additional $100 from either the front or rear set..... or $175 of a full Front and Rear package.
This is a great opportunity to get the best brake system available... Period! and at a special lower price!

Anyone interested please email me at sales@powerwerks.net
If I get 7+ orders I will go ahead and push brembo in production on these kits now! I will buy up the remaining kits and sell them later!

I will get the pics up and working tomorrow and offer more info if I have it from Brembo!

Also I have worked out a great deal on Bi-Zenon Hi/Lo headlights from Hella and I am currently in first production on the head light conversions pods! These kits will come fully complete and be priced much lower than say a factory 996 kit for example! More info to follow shortly!

Last point to note..... I will hopefully be meeting with JD tomorrow to discuss an idea me and John have been discussing for some time now! A Powerwerks Informational evening!

This will be coordinated by Powerwerks with the assistance of a few Key PCA members, PCA Driving Instructors, our In-house Design team and JD himself!

Think of it like an information class.... you pose the questions and we do our best to answer them! (questions will be gathered ahead of time so that we can gather visual and hands on items to assist with the explanation)

There is no charge for this class and for those of you not in the area... don't worry! All major technical points will be video recorded and posted on the Powerwerks site!
An extensive library will be maintained on the site!

Here are some of the things we intend to cover:
Performance driving
Safety
Club rules
Prepping you car for Auto-X and club racing
Performance parts and brakes
Basic maintenance
And anything else you folks would like to know..... we will do our very best to provide helpful and useful information.

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 12-13-2004, 11:43 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Im guessing this is for 87+ turbos only right?
Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Paul968
Racer

no 86 as well!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:01 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

How about the TurboS and 1989+ cars?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:05 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm I think im gonna buy another lotto ticket tomorrow...
Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Paul968
Racer

yes.... all 951 years and 944s2 and the 968
Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Wow! Need money fast! I will get back to you Paul!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Not that I am in the market for this type of kit now God knows I have stuff I need to install bought many moons ago .. But would I be correct in assuming, that if one has a Turbo S, that with this conversion they would lose their ABS ?
Thanks in advance
Ed
Old 12-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Ed, it shouldn't affect ABS at all.

Sam
Old 12-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks Sam
Old 12-14-2004, 02:48 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Are these different than the 911 versions? I have already seen these kits for $1850 (fronts) ready for any year 911.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Paul968
Racer

Correct....... we also offer the GTP kits for the 911's.

Something to noe...... the BR molds need tooling and Brembo has decided to pull the plug!
So these are now on limited run! Soon as the molds don't meet tolerances, then that's it production stops on BR'S !

Here is some info on the GTP kits...
Both Kits use Brembo High Performance Aluminum 4 Piston fixed Caliper – This caliper offers dramatic increases in both stopping power and pedal feel over the stock Porsche calipers, even the "Big Red" calipers that have become so popular. The Brembo calipers are both lighter and of higher rigidity than Big Reds, the decreased weight means better handling through decreased unsprung mass while the increased rigidity allows both higher clamping force and incredibly consistent pedal response.

GTP-LW..... 2 Piece Brembo Racing vented and cross-drilled or slotted 12.7" (322mm) rotor with Brembo Racing lightweight billet aluminum hats. These rotors are true "floating" rotors using Brembo’s Racing derived technology that allows extreme performance with very low weight and reduced rotating mass.
This package blows the BR out of the water..... I know I have tried them!

Then for the totally insane..... there are the full GTP kits (needs 17 inch wheel)
12.7" (322mm) Porsche cross-drilled and vented performance rotors – The front rotor is a 2 piece assembly with a light-weight billet aluminum hat that both saves additional weight and shields the hub from a large portion of the intense heat that builds in the rotor in performance braking situations. The rear rotor is of the single piece design but with the Brembo-exclusive drum extension that allows proper functioning of the stock parking brake mechanism. The nearly 13" diameter of the discs contribute to the overall stopping power of the system by increasing the available brake torque.

All kits come with Brembo engineered mounting Brackets – Manufactured to exacting specifications by Brembo, these high grade, billet aluminum brackets position the Brembo calipers in the optimum position to maximize the caliper/rotor package.

Ok people have asked how so much weight can be saved...... 18lbs is saved over the BR due to the smaller overall size of the calipers+pads and rotor. The Materials that are used in the calipers and the rotors also reduce weight!
The GTP-LW is about a 1/3 smaller in size.... sorry about the pics not working. I will try to get these on tomorrow! This will demonstrate the size difference!

How can a smaller rotor offer more performance ... well it stems back 20 years ago when Porsche requested Brembo to make the BR's. Porsche wanted a smooth and progressive bite, with low squeal and long pad life.... ie a nice street set up. So what Brembo did was make the BR's apply force over a larger area and at a progressive rate.

The most simple way of explaining it is.... think of a 6 foot tall 200lbs guy laying out over a frozen lake. Because his weight is distributed he can only exert a force of 33.33lbs of pressure per foot. Now take a 100lbs guy who is 5 feet tall and get him to stand on one foot, even though the area covered by the smaller same guy is less, the pounds per square inch he excerpts is going to be about 100lbs! Who will crack the ice!!!

The same principals apply with the GTP kits...... Unlike the BR kits the smaller pad of the GTP contacts with the rotor fully and makes more continuos contact, all of the time. Also the material construction of the big reds could only withstand a shear rate of say 100lbs before it would give and flex.... the new material construction of the GTP's offer somewhere in the region of 40% more rigid! So it does not loose clamping pressure under full load!

Also heat is a break killer... the new ventilation in the rotors and the materials used allow for a much greater cooling rate. So the rotor therefore does not have to be so large!
Thing is here... BR were derived from the race cars for street cars. The GTP stuff is racing parts, only now offered for the street!

Also through new technology the reason for the BR's construction and design are no longer concerns...... Break dust, noise and wear have been drastically reduced in the last few years by the use of new materials and brake pad compounds.

These are street usable and respond very nicely under normal road driving!
No need to worry about the pads... comes in the kit. Everything is Brembo factory parts... and full Brembo warranty.

Hope this helps........

I will now post some pics!

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Paul968
Racer

Attached Images    
Old 12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything for early 944s or the 924S guys?
Old 12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Paul968
Racer

Working on that..... if there is emough interest... I can get Brembo to do it!

Quick Reply: 951 GTP Kits & More!!!