Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 GTP Kits & More!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Dave E
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Reds are not monoblock, they are two piece bolted together. I have a set on my car with 332 x 34 race rotors. I think it would take a larger rotor than 12.7 to generate more brake torque than the usual setup like I have, although staying with the stock wheel diameter would have been nice. A larger rotor also has a higher capacity to handle heat in long hard brake zones, a light rotor would get really hot under braking even if it did then lose that heat better after brakes were released.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Originally Posted by Zackb911
Paul,
I love the informational night idea. Keep us Posted!
Also did you mention something about an exhaust you might be producing? I would be very interested in that. I'd love to see another company produce some nice boost pipes cheaper then what alot of the other guys have. It seems they could be made much more reasonably...

Zack
OT, but there is a site to help you make your own pipes. I am considering these as an alternative to the expensive ones. www.burnsstainless.com
Old 12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave E
Big Reds are not monoblock, they are two piece bolted together.
My bad...I'll edit misinformation away...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks Pete and Dave for clearing that up for me.
regards
Ed
Old 12-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Paul968
Racer

We will be releasing a number of new items over the next few months….. Performance enhancing parts, aerodynamic parts and some parts purely for looks.

Each and every item will have multiple pictures, movies and additionally all our performance items will have dyno info…….. all of which will be posted right on the web site next to the items.

Some things from our new line are parts that already exist on the market, just better engineered with a nicer build quality…. and some of our products are totally new and not currently offered.

Our products really speak for themselves…….. I think you will all be very pleased with what our countless hours of R&D, testing and commitment have produced!

I think finally people will be able to rest assured what they are paying for is what they will get! I will leave it at that!

More info to follow shortly!

As far as the GTP-LW kits….. The length or height of a caliper is not what generates brake torque; it is the width and structural rigidity of the Caliper!
Side by side the BR is larger in ever way…. other than width!

Some thing to note…… Brembo told me today production has indeed stopped on the BR’s. So what on the shelves is all that’s out there….. the replacement to the BR is the GTP-LW kits.

Porsche entrusted Brembo to build its race/road brakes for decades…….. Brembo know what they are doing and have built a far superior kit to the BR.
The GTP-LW is a far better balanced kit offering better pedal feel, modulation and substantially more performance than the BR.

You are never going to see any Brembo Road testing info… it’s a waste of time! You can take the same car, same driver and the same day… and get completely different results each time! There are 1000’s of variants that a road testing can not compensate for.
Brembo prefers a controlled technological and scientific test using computers, machinery and technicians so that TRUE results can be measured.

The information and write up I posted is direct from Brembo and highlights the GTP kits have 13% more brake torque than the BR kits! Plus many more benefits!
If you are looking for a 70-0 test you will not find it…… it was never offered for the BR’s and it will not be offered for the GTP kits either. There are just to many non-containable variants to provide accurate and true numbers.

The information nights will defiantly be starting soon…… I have had many highly knowledge and skilled people step forward and offer their services.
This will be a fun, free and great learning experience for all…… we will cover anything and everything we can and help each person to the best of our ability!
JD and I will hash out the details and provide more info soon as we can!

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 12-16-2004, 11:09 PM
j e f f x o 6 x
Intermediate

damn, good price.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:25 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul968

Brembo are OK. The StopTech brakes blow the brembo out of the water on the 993TT/996TT all day long (and I've been testing them on the 944turbo). It's night-and-day difference. I could go on as to the reasons why 99% of the Brembo kits are not matched for the cars... but you probably knew that.

StopTech on the other hand makes every kit specifically for each application (where Brembo uses their generic calipers/rotors which happen to fit the application).

I suggest researching and driving a car with both sets. You'd be real surprised. I was.

BTW.. I've got a setup to bolt-on 2004 996TT brake rotors & calipers to a 951. Direct bolt-on setup. It's really trick (but still no match for the StopTech setup)

TonyG
Old 12-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Paul968
Racer

Hi Tony,

Long time no speak........

Your testing is based on the Big Red kits or Porsche based designs Brembo have made... correct? Not the GTP kits.... big difference here!

I do think it is a very good that people have choices and options..... as with anything personal preference is key and one persons findings can differ greatly to the next person!

Look at any race scene for one! Out of a field of 30 cars I bet you will find 10+ different brake, wheel+tire, performance and suspension set ups! who's is the best..... you tell me? Depends on your car and how it is set up, driver, weather conditions and personal preference just to name a few!

I am familiar with StopTech and know their product is very good. Is it better than the 20 year old Big Red designs.... Yes, I am sure it is. Hence the reason for Brembo releasing the new GTP line of brakes!

I have also personally seen the drastically improved performance a new style kit such as the GTP or even the StopTech kit can offer over the aged Bid Red design.

I guess until these become more main stream and people see for themselves...... It is always hard to encourage people to change what they have become accustom to!

I am always looking to offer the best products and choices available for my customers.... so you never know I may offer the StopTech as a secondary option and choice!

Thanks for the words.... good to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Paul R
Old 12-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Paul968
Racer

Ok folks...... I have tried to provide as much factory information as Brembo has passed my way!

I do have orders already in process and want to get this going for the folks who are interested!

As I mentioned before.... to open production Brembo has requested I order a minimum of 12-15 kits per model.

For the folks interested please do the following:

Please post your name, year and model car with your request... ie front only or a front and rear package!
I will update and post a combined list of the names so you can all see how far along we are and the progress being made.
Once I have the number of people to make this happen Brembo have given me a 4-6 week lead time. But I would say to be safe assume a 6-8 week lead time!

What I am prepared to do is take a $200 deposit, only refundable if Brembo suddenly, for what ever reason, decided to stop this.
At that point I would fully refund the $200 to each person.

Pricing is as follows for pre-orders:

Front kit only $ 1850 (Normally $1950) so $100 off
Rear kit only $ 1750 (Normally $1850) so $100 off

Front and rear Kit $3450 (Normally $3800) so $350 off

Kits on offer:
1986 951 (12 kits needed)
1987/88 951 (12 kits needed)
1988/89 951S (12 kits needed)
968 (12 kits needed)

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 12-17-2004, 12:52 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul

We've tested every brembo rotor and caliper they sell.

The Brembo guy is always over at our shop (www.thespeedgallery.com - 996TT shop)

TonyG
Old 12-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Paul968
Racer

Tony I don't see the GTP kits on this site? Have you tested the GTP kits specifically? and on what car?

The GTP kits have only been offered for a selective year range of 911cars for about 5 months or so.... they are not in production yet for any other models... i.e. 951 etc.

Please let me know as I am interested to know your results!

Regards,
Paul R
Old 12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to brakes it is like talking what is the best oil . Opinions will vary greatly.
While I have Stoptech ST 40 / 332 mm on one of my cars ( and Porsche/Brembo on others) which are to the best of my knowledge a improved Brembo design ( usually Porsche pads fit) I am not sure to call them the "best" or any other quality high end brake component for that matter.

From the top motorsport perspective , Brembo / Ferrari have been dominating in F1 for five seasons , Audi's ALMS effort / clean sweep runs Alcon's and AP has also been very successful in F1.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Paul968
Racer

Pole Position my point exactly! So far Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, Jaguar, Noble, Audi to just name a few manufacturers who have used Brembo for decades and still choose Brembo for current day cars! I would wager there is good evidence and reasons for this!

Porsche are known for having the best brakes in the world.... and who made their brakes? Brembo!

However, this is not to say some of the new manufactures are not just as good.... because I am sure they are!
Today we are really spoilt for choice and technology has been a real big advantage that has brought this wide variety to the market!

So really as I mentioned... its down to personal preference and how the kit works with your application and car package!

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Paul968]Pole Position my point exactly! So far Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, Jaguar, Noble, Audi to just name a few manufacturers who have used Brembo for decades and still choose Brembo for current day cars! I would wager there is good evidence and reasons for this!

Good Point Paul,

But remmeber when most of the manufacturers you mentioned put their millions into race programs the majority end up using AP Racing products over Brembo. That said this sounds like a damn good set up with some real benefits. Whether those benefits could be seen to a road user is open to interpretation. But you pays ya money and takes your chances.

Cheers
Tom
Old 12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=tommo951]
Originally Posted by Paul968
Pole Position my point exactly! So far Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, Jaguar, Noble, Audi to just name a few manufacturers who have used Brembo for decades and still choose Brembo for current day cars! I would wager there is good evidence and reasons for this!

Good Point Paul,

But remmeber when most of the manufacturers you mentioned put their millions into race programs the majority end up using AP Racing products over Brembo. That said this sounds like a damn good set up with some real benefits. Whether those benefits could be seen to a road user is open to interpretation. But you pays ya money and takes your chances.

Cheers
Tom
If I remember correctly , Brembo bought AP Racing a few years ago.

Quick Reply: 951 GTP Kits & More!!!