Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Which Color is the best for the 951?
Red
27.10%
Blue
10.28%
Black
39.25%
White
15.89%
Other/Custom (Racing Stripes, Ricer Neon Green, Etc.)
7.48%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

What color bings out the Porsche in you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My next p-car will be black for sure. I know it's a bitch keeping it clean, but the depth you can get in black paint is awesome. I think the black and tan interior in my car would look amazing with a black paint job.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Black is a pain in the butt to keep clean. I've owned several black vehicles and if they're absolutely pristine, polished, covered, etc. they look awesome. Otherwise, every single speck of dust is magnified about 100 times versus what it would be on a vehicle of a different color. My take on it now is that black is great for a garage queen / show car, but horrible for a driver.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche951redt
Well i agree red is a good color but i mean it sticks out SOOOOO much so when a cop is looking for whome to pull over
Try driving an all black/yellow car. Cops literally follow me waiting for me to slip up, no joke.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

re-paint pearl white anyone?.................
Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Originally Posted by Cyrus951
Try driving an all black/yellow car. Cops literally follow me waiting for me to slip up, no joke.
Hah yea that has got to suck. No offence to any person who might be related to or is a cop but I HATE THEM. I mean yea ok they keep peace and i thank them for that but sometimes the reasons for their actions are just incredibly unjust.

Not to get off-topic here but a story that happend to me
I was driving my winter beater to school, and i was in a hurry to get to my exam when i get pulled over for speeding. Fine, i was speeding ok, i told him i was incredibly inclined not to be late for my exam and he was fairly understanding. Then they start spending a little too much time in their car. After which they come out and start looking at the front of my car like it was a picture of a perfect set of ho ho's. Start touching and feeling it. I had a couple of scratches on the right side because i hit my garbage can on the way into the garage sometimes. So then he comes up to me and says have you been in any accidents latley. I reply no sir. Then he says ok we will need you to come down to the station with us. I was like WHAT IN GODS NAME? He then says you can either fallow us or we can take u there. So i had no choice. Then when i get their they put me into interigation and tell me that I GOT INTO A HEAD ON COLLISION WITH A TRUCK and ran! I DRIVE A STOCK 92 HONDA ACCORD! I said that they were on something because i think i would get a LITTLE more than a couple of scratches from getting into a head on collision with a truck. They persisted with interigation lying and trying to make me confess of something i didnt do. It all ended when i threatened them with a lawsuit for making me fail my course exam and hampering my future. I know i shouldent do this but i strarted using profanity because i was fed up they kept me in the station for almost three hours. Then the part that really pissed me of... THEY PRETTY MUCH ARRESTED ME BECAUSE A LITTLE PEACE OF PAPER STATED EXACTLY THIS "A DARK COLORED HONDA ACCORD WITH A YOUNG MALE DRIVER WITH BLONDE HAIR AND A WORN OUT PLATE ON THE BACK" THEY INTERIGATED ME AND ALMOST FORCED ME TO CONFESS TO SOMETHING I DIDNT DO BASED ON THOSE ALLIGATIONS. That was the point at which i became very roudy. I apologize for the caps but it pissed me right off to think because my car FAINTLY fit the discription they did that to me.

So from now on i always think twice about when cops begin to talk to you, half the times its total BS to make you confess and make their lives easier. If cops lie so much who can you trust in this world?

Yet again i apologize for venting here but i thought this would be where people would sympathise with me
Old 12-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did they happen to say WHERE that hit & run happened? If you were very close to the scene, they arguably had SOME legitimacy in asking you about it, but it should've been obvious from the lack of damage.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Yea also another thing that might affect why they did that is the fact that my car is still registered as an american car with american plates. I don't know but they might of just wanted to vent some steam on a good ol american who knows.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:40 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dash01
Lance is selling????????? I just checked autotrader and there is an '87 black in the area. I thought Lance's car was an 89? The car in autotrader has the same wheels as Lance...I think so anyway.

Edit-Forgot to comment on color. I like the blue/tan sport seats like my dad's car, but our paint is in kinda crappy condition on the nose of the car and the interior is showing some wear.

Eric
He has been for a while now...
Old 12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
lleroyb
Burning Brakes

The one I was referring to is owned by a guy named Scott in northern CA. Nice guy, real nice car.

Lou
Old 12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
icat
Race Car

I like the ultra rare Guards Red...
Actually voted for black - but I like blue too. Oh, almost forgot - I really like the Arena Red - but it wasn't listed.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

white with blue stripes look the best IMO. This is what mine will look like when I'm done.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Photo shopped orange wheels and stripes for a friend, he is trying to decide on a wheel colour for his track wheels, and this was a far out suggestion

Tony
Old 12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I love black on a 951, but my favorite color is Duke's Green 951
Old 12-08-2004, 01:05 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Black is beautiful

Just my $9.51. I personally like all the votes for black!
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Silver is my fav Porsche colour... the GT looks great in it... as does my 951

I really liked my white 944 though...

Quick Reply: What color bings out the Porsche in you?