Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004 | 02:50 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Karl2bdc
Oh this is another one of those....."Hey, i'm not going to name any names, but you know who i am talking about" posts....lol. I love these.

edit:
I guess professor plum, with the revolver, in the billiard room. Did i get it?
"What you talking bout Willis"
Old 10-22-2004 | 02:53 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Originally Posted by Karl2bdc
Oh this is another one of those....."Hey, i'm not going to name any names, but you know who i am talking about" posts....
i'm going under the assumption i'm a guilty party. it never hurts to keep your mouth shut once in a while. besided, i have felt especially slow minded lately...

Old 10-22-2004 | 02:57 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

What's that supposed to mean? My tuner told me I can run my TO4E @ 37 psi on pump gas because I have a custom chip. Since we only have 91 octane here and the temps frequently reach 115 degrees, I think I'm going to back it down to 33 psi just to play it safe. He's only blew up a few motors himself but that's okay because he was doing R&D which is to be expected. I trust his perspective because he uses really big words and impresses us kids. What do you think the negative effects are going to be with me running that much boost? (be warned that if you disagree with me I'll bombard you with some plagerized obscure technical passage and apply it to my situation to try and make you look wrong). I've also been thinking about making my own chips. To offset the mildly high boost and extra heat generated I'm going to start my timing curve at 5 degrees ATDC. I bet I can get 40 psi out of this baby.
Old 10-22-2004 | 03:01 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's always going to come back to "Who is your source on this information" and "What type of science is behind it". Those with good critical thinking skills understand when bad advice is being handed them or at least ask the above 2 questions. People who really want to answer to a lister's problem and have been down that road get pissed when they see "bad advice" - I know that feeling.

We all need to be circumspect about what we post. Reread it , edit it. Whatever it takes. We dont need to limit the help, but perhaps the quality of it and the investments we make based on that help we receive.

With that in mind, . . .

Karl:

I had the same prob. 3 months ago with my '87 about the wheel not returning back to center. New tie rod ends, control arms and allignment. I replaced the rack w/ a low milege used one and it solved it. I thought it might be the steering coupler closest to the turbo (it gets a lot of heat), but upon studying it, there really isnt anything there to wear out. Besides that, it is just impossible to get to the fastener nearest the steering wheel with the engine/exhaust in the car. It turned out to be a sloppy rack.

my experience,
Old 10-22-2004 | 03:11 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

I dont know what you mean.
It has to be true cuz I heard it on the internet
Old 10-22-2004 | 03:16 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No names, just not polite

Jeremy, you are killing me

Matt S., I couldn't have said it any better.

Andy, of course it's true if it's on the internet!!!

Old 10-22-2004 | 03:26 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awilson40
I dont know what you mean.
It has to be true cuz I heard it on the internet
I know. My wife read that for $500 I can get 3" in length and 1" in girth so now I'm scheduled for 2 appointments next week. She thinks afterwards I should make my first name ron and make jeremy my middle name. What gives?
Old 10-22-2004 | 04:02 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I should make my first name ron and make jeremy my middle name. What gives?
Who ?

3" wow that would give me 4" total
Old 10-22-2004 | 04:06 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ron Jeremy Himsel? Won't work, too many words to fit on the intro screen and on the box.

Sam
Old 10-22-2004 | 04:19 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Floyd
3" wow that would give me 4" total
yeah, after she told me that my pecker didn't touch the floor when I lay on my stomach she signed me up twice. She's brutal....... but honest I guess.

Sam,

I'm not to worried about getting my name in the flick. Since anything I would "perform" in would have to be on the same time frame as a super bowl commercial, I probably wouldn't have time for the credits anyway.
Old 10-22-2004 | 04:29 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Man, you guys are too much
Old 10-22-2004 | 04:56 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks matt, thats kinda what i figured it was. Another thing for the list
Old 10-23-2004 | 12:01 PM
87uk944t
Racer

This post is brilliant and i am pretty sure that it can only be directed at ONE person needless to say i am sure that they know who you are talking about
Old 10-23-2004 | 01:33 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 87uk944t
This post is brilliant and i am pretty sure that it can only be directed at ONE person needless to say i am sure that they know who you are talking about
It's me isn't it. I know it's me.
Old 10-26-2004 | 02:21 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 84black944
really? LOL jk sometimes people say some ridiculous things, which most people know is bs, but some unlucky few take the advice. I think i heard something about an Ahmet or something similar person who said some pretty bs stuff from what i have read about him in some posts
Is this a joke? You think you heard something about me saying some pretty bs stuff from what you've read about me in some posts...
Ahmet

Quick Reply: Anyone else?