Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Turbo/temp sensor HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo/temp sensor HELP!!!

My temp guage has not been working and I have it nailed down to everything is fine but the guage cluster. I replaced the actually sensor, cleaned ALL the grounds for it and I think it is the actual gauge. I have heard of some people saying that you have to take out the whole cluster to fix, which I have, now what?? Everything looks fine but I am not sure what to be looking for.

On another note, when I took out my guage cluster about 6 months ago, ever since then, my factory boost guage does NOT work. I think it was something I did when I install/uninstalled it becuase it happened RIGHT after I put it back in. What should I be looking for on this? I heard of some people that actually dissconnect it, so ANY help would be great. I have it out of my car RIGHT now and it is my daily driver so I need to fix is ASAP!! Thank you.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking at the rear of the gauge cluster, you would find 4 footabll (rugby ball) shapped resistors.

Take them off the cluster, clean with with some spirit and reinstall them.

The three large connectors at the rear would benifit cleaning with a dry cloth and make sure they are connected properly.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had a old guage cluster I just swapped out parts on.

Quick Reply: Turbo/temp sensor HELP!!!