Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Times up! 3L engine must go.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewardx
Attention thread readers. Andrew Wee has not finished paying for the parts he has
purchased from Lindsey Racing. He ordered the parts, took delivery on the parts, then
afterwards told his credit card company that they did not order or receive them. Basically
fraud on Andrew's part. Dave asked that I would post something and suggest that we
encourage Andrew to be a stand up guy and pay for what he is currently trying to sell.
He has not returned any of Lindseys attempts to contact him regarding this matter. We
unfortunaltly have to try other means. Sorry to waste good bandwith. Your help is
appreciated.

Wes
Let the court decide.

It's an unresolved dispute and taking out Lindsey Fu&K*ng Racing on the forum here is not something I want to do.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kit_Chris
Sounds good!

Could you specify a couple of things such as:
1. What turbo
2. What pistons
3. Engine management
4. What head (if 2,7L what valves)

Unless it's sold already..

Thanks!

Regards,
Chris
Please email wee8ndrew@hotmail.com
Old 10-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fast951
Andrew, did you ever get the water leakage problem resolved?
Resolved, after I threw the head from &*(%$#@ into the trashcan and got someone else to do the job.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Laust Pedersen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Andrew, I sent you a PM expressing an interest in your engine (mine just died with a cracked #4 cylinder), but first a few of questions:

What do you mean by: “new clutch pump,” ?
Does the engine come with headers and x-over pipe?
What type of headgasket do you have, Std, WF, MLS?

Can I assume that the following is just a joke?
“Anyway, once the price is right, I will put everything on eBay.”

What is your final date for accepting offers?
“For more details and offers, please email … “

Laust
Old 10-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally Posted by Songzzz
Let the court decide.
So you're selling the evidence before you go to court?
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or selling so he can pay back Lindsey. Who wants to buy stolen goods???
Old 10-05-2004, 03:52 PM
AlexE
Pro

Originally Posted by stewardx
Attention thread readers. Andrew Wee has not finished paying for the parts he has
purchased from Lindsey Racing. He ordered the parts, took delivery on the parts, then
afterwards told his credit card company that they did not order or receive them. Basically
fraud on Andrew's part. Dave asked that I would post something and suggest that we
encourage Andrew to be a stand up guy and pay for what he is currently trying to sell.
He has not returned any of Lindseys attempts to contact him regarding this matter. We
unfortunaltly have to try other means. Sorry to waste good bandwith. Your help is
appreciated.

Wes

Augghhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..and I just was about to make an offer.

Sad. Pay your bill Songzzz with Lindsey and move on.

I am sure there are two sides to every story............but don't need to be part of any of this.

Thanks Wes for the heads up. I have purchased many things from lindsey so I value his advice.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:01 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Dave and Mike at lindsey are absolutely top notch IMHO. They charge but, you pay for what you get for. My install was very professional the the tune they put on it was so good I have yet to have to mess with it. Cold start, 80%humidity 100+degree day's,50degree day's with high wind chill's. Regardless the car has run great.

Andrew pay your bill on a credit card or something and then sell the motor perhaps.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

porshhhh951,
"50degree day's with high wind chill's." Whats that? Try living around here, 0 and high wind chills.. you got to plug the car in..hee hee

sorry to pirate the thread
Old 10-05-2004, 08:00 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes evil but, you don't have texas summer's. I was trying to show the extreme differencies in temp and humidity and the tune and parts still function greatly.

What you got to understand is wet heat isint like dry heat. I went to Las Vegas last year for a vacation and stayed 8 day's. It was anywhere from 115-122 degress in june when I visited. Everyone was complaining about how hot it was. 115 in the very dry condition's of vegas felt like 95-100 in texas with the humidity.....and sometimes texas has 100+degree day's. The humidity kills....I mean kills performance. I have run 20psi on pump gas in these types of condition's.

I just wanted to plug em' for a sec. I have alot of respect for those guy's and if someone isint paying there bill's....then that's just not cool. There customer service and willingness to help are outstanding.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:55 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Wow! So many Lindsey supporters?

For 2 years, I have paid Lindsey more than USD 50,000, that we have more than 30 shipments. Ask Dave Lindsey, if I had been one of their top customers.

First I was coned into theri 363 Kit, then rebuilts, rebuilts, upgrades, wrong parts sent, returned, core missing, ignoring my plea to return core deposits, rebuilts, upgrades. and hell yeah.

You guys know nothing about what happen for the last transaction, and began siding Lindsey Racing just because they helped you?

Now, since you guys want bring it up in the forum, I shall start another thread ...
Old 10-06-2004, 05:17 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had similar experiences with Lindsey sending the wrong parts etc etc etc. Very poor form on LR part to send the boy in to make that statement on here. Whenever they screw a customer around they always say be a stand up guy do the right thing, its a joke. These kinds of discussions always end up in people taking sides and spilling horror stories and it sucks. Stick to your guns Andrew!

I am glad to say my car will be free of LR parts soon, probably when the last of the vac line splits. Cant wait!

And you are right about paying for it Andrew, they charge a preimum over parts the you can get elsewhere for less, just becuase they are selling it! A good example was a daily driver clutch I wanted to buy, well I said 90% street. 10% They suggested a Spec stage 3! The one everyone suggests is shocking for street! And they were USD150 more expensive than an alternative supplier!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:53 AM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Andrew, Tks.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:51 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For situations to get to this, then the talking has stopped between them. In my experience, out of discussions always come a solution. If both sides wanted it, it would come. Seems to me there is a dispute of some sort, but one or both sides do not want to find the middle ground.

The customer needs to be absolutely clear what he wants and gets. Did Lindsey supply a quotation of the parts ordered, supplied and at what price. Maybe not. If there was, it should all be quite simple.

I also would expect the company to do everything possible to eliminate the chance of bad presson this forum. Sometimes eating it saves more future Dollars thatn the present loss.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes eating it saves more future Dollars thatn the present loss.
So true. The immense financial value of this forum must not be underestimated by vendors. If a vendor looks bad here, it's easily thou$ands of dollars down the drain.

What's Andrew got to loose by making a bad impression? Nothing.

I'm sure neither Andrew nor Lindsey are out to screw each other. Someone made a mistake somewhere. It's sad that legal action must be taken..

Quick Reply: Times up! 3L engine must go.