Been way too long since I posted a video...so here it go's

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 04:20 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been way too long since I posted a video...so here it go's

Well it seem's like it's been forever since my last kill video or cruise video....so I just can't help myself I got to post something. In light of the recent speed thread that is going around it inspired me to post a video I did a few week's ago. Amr has become a pretty good friend of mine(the guy that saw one of my c5 kill video's on supraforum's and emailed me....then I told him about rennlist and now he is posting over here some too) anyways you all know his sick sick toy. A 2003 lexus is300 with more hp than a carrera GT Anyway's Amr hooked up with me and some friends at a local meet a few week's back and I finally got a ride in his beast. The video hardly does it justice.It was just stupid......stupid how fast we could hit 140mph. It pulled so hard a dead man would scream. Robert was beside himself in the backseat. There was so much tq that when Amr first hit it robert's hat flew off.

So what does it feel like to ride in a car with 713hp you ask??? it was like having sex for the first time. So good and so hot and over so quickly......

Enjoy the turbo footage

http://www.forcedinduction.net/video...13hp_lexus.MPG

Right click and save as per usual....you guy's know the drill
Old 08-27-2004, 04:24 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

So thats what sex is like!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Would to see a vid of it in action, i.e. racing someone. Maybe a decked out ZO6, new Cobra with mods, or some exotics would be awesome. Let them know they got smoked by a total invetment of 50K against their 150K car.

Makes ya wanna hit the parts store!!!!

Why would he sell it???
Old 08-27-2004, 05:41 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Hey John, got a video question for ya.

What software, preferrable free, can you use to edit mpegs,avi files ???

I have big collection of all kinds of vids; car stuff, street races, bikes etc. and would like to play around with editing, splicing one clip into another, maybe a "best of kills" movie, etc.

Any suggestions???
Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

So the car was sold to someone in Canada?
Old 08-27-2004, 09:43 PM
special tool
Banned

Nice vid, man.
By the looks of that guy's eyes, he should have traded it to someone in Colombia.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Isn't the former owner also a former 951'er who has returned to our ranks and is thinking about getting back into a 951?
Old 08-28-2004, 12:41 AM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jsonnen
So the car was sold to someone in Canada?
Only if my buddy gets his car sold... his is a stock IS300 so it wont be tough. It's looking good to end up in Calgary as far as I know . Unless of course another buyer steps up to the plate before him hehe.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:11 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Holy shiet rage....the guy that Amr was telling me about in canada is a friend of your's...lol. It's a small small world. The car is still local I set up Amr with a friend of mine lance who buy's special intrest car's and lance and Amr ended up doing the deal. I think though that Amr told me the guy in Canada can still buy the car it's just it wont' be Amr's name on the title....so tis speak.

Hey Todd we were going to setup some race's here locally using a few of my connection's but, Amr decided since he was selling the car that he didn't want to risk it. He was going to have me drive the car for him...but, now like I said earlier the car has already changed hands. It would have been fun I had a modded viper GTS run setup along with some supra and some guy's(can't remember his name) Head's/Cam/N20 Ls6. It's all good though when my car is officially back I will line up a few race's of my own and post the videos.

As far as the software thing go's...it's been my expeirence that I don't totally like any particular software in general. They all have their little bug's or particular feature's I don't like. I mostly use basic stuff unless I am trying to do something special. If you are just looking to play around try Arcsoft...their program Showbiz is very user friendly and you will have quite alot of option's on the audio and video compression's and different format's right outta the box. I also found that the audio/video splicing feature is very very easy to use...you can add in a certain piece of a track right over your current stuff and mix it well. The text feature's are also pretty cool.

One word to the wise. I have also learned that the less editing the better. Don't use cheesy graphic's or tie-in's at all.....it will end up looking 4th grade-ish. Use a easy to read text in decent font tastefully done with a nice song or something and you will find the response it actually better than if you tried to go all out and do something more wild and crazy.

Oh also get a firewire connection(very easy plug in play...and records better audio and video) If you starting raw footage is poor.....when edited and compressed it will only look worse. Get a solid platform of quality raw footage and build from that.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:14 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh and lastly I now have 3 server's so if you are looking to get something hosted and have problem's just pm me and let me know....I can prolly help.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:04 AM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Holy shiet rage....the guy that Amr was telling me about in canada is a friend of your's...lol. It's a small small world. The car is still local I set up Amr with a friend of mine lance who buy's special intrest car's and lance and Amr ended up doing the deal. I think though that Amr told me the guy in Canada can still buy the car it's just it wont' be Amr's name on the title....so tis speak.
Not really a small world... my friend's been wanting to turbo his IS for a long time, I saw the post on rennlsit about the car for sale, and convinced my friend to sell his car and get it, because it'll be cheaper.

Any tuning work he needs for elevation and fuel quality changes, I can take care of up here. Hope he gets the car, cuz I wanna try 'er out.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet car!
But what's up with the A/F-ratio on idle, 10-11:1 ??
Old 08-28-2004, 05:21 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

well he won't be disapointed she run's very strong. Toyomoto did excellent work on the car. 35k for a car you really couldn't build better for 55-60k is hard to beat.

I would still say small world I mean after all someone seeing a video of mine on another board that used to own a 951 and is wanting another one happen's to own a car that a friend of your's want's from a completely different board all over the internet. You gotta admit it's pretty neat and amazing how connected we all are at times.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Duke the 2jz-GTE motor's love love love very rich condition's. They are quite happy in the 10's. For some reason they just run really well when it's rich. Don't know why. Most car's wouldn't function right in the 10's.....but, supra's.....they love em'. Go figure. The only motor I know that can make stupid amount's of hp with just bolt's on and actually be semi reliable.

most of the porsche's running around with 500-600rwhp are completely built monster's.....while a supra is just getting started.....

ahh sorry to get offtopic....I am just a big fan.hehe
Old 08-28-2004, 05:28 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

John you would love high performance imports 4 and so on. In the drags in Japan the GTR etc run so rich they change the plugs after every run!

Quick Reply: Been way too long since I posted a video...so here it go's