Finally Cominng Back Together...long

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Finally Cominng Back Together...long

I have made a few posts over the last 2 months while I have been taking apart ... and now putting my car back together. Suffice to say I have done a lot of replacement and rebuilding in the last two months. The head will go back on tomorrow as well as everything else which is associated.

I rebuit the control arms using the Rennbay kit. This isn't the whole story though. We went to rebuild the second arm (driver side) and we go the FEBI suprise. From what I have read, this means the arm was machined to accept the FEBI press in unit. I am looking to replace this arm and have sent an email or two to rennlisters. So if you have a control arm which isn't FEBIed up (my addition to the language), email me. It was kind of funny because as we were working on it we were removing material to pull out the circlip and I was like "Dude, did you just make another pivot point?" Meanwhile my friend taylor was like "Dude shut the &*&^ up, I don't know where that came from" Turns out that was done by the FEBI people. Meh. I'll just blame Canada since my car is from there (South Park).

This is all the work I did this summer; rebuilt head w/ o-ring and all new OEM porsche valve springs and new exhaust valves, new shocks all round koni yellow, M030 sway bars, replaced tie rods, all new water lines, vacuum lines, shifter lever, coolant reservoir, front wheel bearings, ignition parts, other random stuff that I can't remember. I have spent a bunch of money, but it is totally worth it. Rennlist has been a bunch of help, so thank you to all the people here that provide informative posts. Should have the car back together and running by end of next week.

Oh yeah, and we modified the struts using a lathe. We had one available and needed a first project for the one a co-worker brought home from work. It was pretty funny. We chucked it up by welding the shaft to the top of the strut. Very straight and true :-). Thanks again for all the help rennlist.

Quick Reply: Finally Cominng Back Together...long