Holy shiet! Just got the ride of my life**long read**

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Holy shiet! Just got the ride of my life**long read**

Well I will try and give you some background. I recieved a email awhile back from a guy on supraforum's that saw one of my vette kill video's and he was very interested to learn about my car and what was done to it to perform like that. It turn's out he himself owned a 89 model not too long ago and is looking to sell his current car for another 951. I told him I would be glad to help him find another 951 and even help him sell his current car. So I told him about rennlist and to become a member here. He has since posted about his current beast and what he is looking for in a porsche. Amr has a 03 lexus is300 with a supra short block built head, forged bottom end,67mm turbo with a 81 ar turbine,large FMIC,75lb injector's,racelogic traction controll,haltech standalone,getrag 6speed tranny,and alot of other assoicated goodies like direct methanol injection. Anyways he has been having some tuning issues that got worked out at a local shop here called wassabi and his beast put down 625rwhp@25psi.!!! So I told him we need to finally meet up(after speaking for a few weeks over the phone) I finally meet up with him last night at a car meet I frequent. I must say a really really nice guy just like I thought and my god what a ride did I get.

We took his beast out on the freeway and it was just stupid .....stupid how fast we could get to 140mph. I have been in so many high hp fast car's.....400-500rwhp beast's. This car was very very doicile and drove extremely well. It's been very well put together and it's the fastest thing I have ever been in. We also took it around on 17psi and pump gas(on that setup he is about 450rwhp) and it pulled nicely. I am doing a dvd video for him so that way he has something to look at and watch after his car is finally sold. I will also help in get back into the porsche sceen afterwards. He is coming over sat and we are going to finish up the footage. I will post some of it if you guy's are intersted. What a nice guy and I have a feeling he will make a good assest to our porsche commuity.

Amr if you read this post up brother!

I am officially spoiled though. Once you ride in a lexus with 713hp what else is there. My car is going to seem slow as **** now.....lol. Oh well I had a great time. I look forward to my car with my simple upgrade turbo with bolt on's. 400rwhp is going to have to do it for me for awhile. I now more than ever though want a supra. I will post pics and video soon.

Take care sorry for the kinda offtopic story. I just thought I would share my expeirence. Amr it's time to line up another 951 for you man. I got some possible's. When I head up to lindsey I want you to go with me. Peace guy's I hope your last day's of the summer month's are going well.

sincerely,
The boost addict.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

I gotta see a picture of this car
Ed
Old 08-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speaking of Supras, there's a brutal monster with like 1000HP featured in one of those ricerocket mags like "Sport Compact Car" this month. Car is in Phoenix, AZ and supposedly snacks on Hayabusas.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:44 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Why does he wanna sell this super fast car and then buy a 951?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:52 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
Why does he wanna sell this super fast car and then buy a 951?
You can make a pig go fast, but it's still a pig.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:56 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

what do 500, 600, and 700 hp supras have in common???

10 second time slips. :rofl:

seriously though, why is he selling it? just likes the challenge of building a monster? we do need another 16V 3.0 L turbo running around. makes things interesting.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:01 AM
alpenweissisnice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a guy here in town who has a GS400 with a vanity plate the reads "M5 KILR",,,From the sound and look of his sled, I don't think he was kidding...Def forced induction of some kind; would love to know more about that car...
Old 08-13-2004, 10:07 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
You can make a pig go fast, but it's still a pig.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:47 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

IS300s are decent little cars. They kinda feel like a smaller camry with cool interior and RWD...well and better overall. I drove one back to back to back with a 04 325is and a 04 G35. Aside from power differences, the BMW won hands down from a driver's perspective.

I guess I don't really understand why you would put a Supra engine in one...why not just get a Supra? And if you want a sports car, not a drag car or a GT car, why get a Supra? Get a 951!!!!

There was another guy on here a little while ago that wanted to sell his IS300 w/ Supra engine and similar specs. He wanted to get another 951S (he had owned one prior). I think he said it came down to handling and feel.

I bet it was a wild ride though, I have never been in a car that powerful.

Max
Old 08-13-2004, 11:33 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by macnewma
There was another guy on here a little while ago that wanted to sell his IS300 w/ Supra engine and similar specs. He wanted to get another 951S (he had owned one prior). I think he said it came down to handling and feel.

I bet it was a wild ride though, I have never been in a car that powerful.

Max
lol. Mac come on man. You aint that slow.lol. It's Amr the very same guy. I am the one that told him about rennlist and I am the one getting in back in a porsche. His dyno run that he told you guy's about 491 to the wheels was on a bad tune still having problem's. Now he puts 625 to the wheel's.

On and a supra is a great GT car. He is just getting older and doesn't want to kill himself. He is glad the car is done and is now ready to just get him around day to day until he decides to build another monster. I will post pics and some video when I get some more of it done.

I have ridin' in a bunch of real fast car's but, this was just plain sick. My 951 will never be that fast on the freeway. Ahh but, alas that's what supra's are for.heh heh heh. Eventually my 951 will be a dedicated track car anyways so it's only a matter of time.

The video taped footage I have of our run's just doesn't do it justice but, if you guy's want to see that I could prolly get that stuff posted by tonight if you still want to see it.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:52 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quite the contrary...I am much slower than you can imagine. That is why I bought the Porsche, it is my only chance to pick up the pace.

Do you know if he has had any serious interest in the IS300? Has he lowered his price?

Max
Old 08-13-2004, 12:06 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

umm....he has a firm offer for 35k. I could only get him a offer of 31k ....so he held out for a little while and now a guy looks like he is very serious about buying it at 35 which is a freggin bargin. I need to call Amr but, he prolly already has the deposit from the guy.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's he done to the brakes and suspension? Does he track it, or is it a straightline street racing car? A car with that kind of power and no suspension or brake mods sounds like a death wish.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:42 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

peckster every aspect of the car has been completely gone through. Let's just say 73k worth.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:35 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

"what do 500, 600, and 700 hp supras have in common???

10 second time slips. :rofl:"

HAHAHA!! Exactly. They are wonderful for making amazing dyno numbers though. A guy who worked down the street for me put down over 900 to the wheels with his. My buddy, Dan, asked him what he could do at the track (read: dragstrip) and the guy replied laughing, "I don't take it to the track, all it does is light the rears up... I admit it, it's a dyno queen!"

"I guess I don't really understand why you would put a Supra engine in one...why not just get a Supra? "

"Amr has a 03 lexus is300 with a supra short block..."

You guys are funny... IS300's engines ARE supra engines! The IS300 utilizes the 2JZGE motor of the NA supra. The two big tuners that realized the power potential of the supra engine (1000+hp with stock internals!!) jumped on it and started a competition... PF Supercars and SRT have kits that produce the same amount of power your friends car has.

I won't knock the cars at all, I've driven both E46 3 series' and IS300s and I really love how both of them drive. The Lexus has a little upperhand on the Bimmer in terms of luxury (and good Lord, it's quiet even with your ear to the tailpipe!), but I'd rather take a 3 series with a sport package due to the classic BMW drivetrain. Anywho, both cars are great, and I wouldn't refer to either as a pig.

Quick Reply: Holy shiet! Just got the ride of my life**long read**