Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:23 AM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Powdercoated the intake, vacuum update

I started out to update the vacuum hoses under the intake. I had an idle control valve that needed cleaning-and had already done the Manual boost control/CV bypass, and I wanted to clean everything up under there.

Me being my **** self-I had a manifold off of a parts car powdercoated bright silver (I wanted it to look new), and polished all of the bolts and brackets that attach to it.

It was all pretty straigtforward-although I couldn't have done it without Karl Willen (karl2bdc). BIG thank you Karl.

We ended up re-building the injectors as well-the caps had all disintegrated. I was amazed at how hard and brittle the hoses had become under the manifold. We were literally breaking them as we were taking them off. I had done the small vacuum lines a while ago, and returned to Lindsey for this kit. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

Of course, the added bonus is that it makes the cam cover look like *** now

Here is before, after, and comparison of the two.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It does look baaadddddasssssss. The cam cover that is, it looks like a bad ***. LOL. Seriously though, that intake looks great, and the hardware all polished up great with Ben and his handy dremel polishing kit. For those guys that are doing this conversion, we put in a 90 degree male male elbow where the 3/4" hose connects to the J boot...worked much better than a straight male male connector, as the blue purosil hose kinks. A 45 elbow would have been perfect, but couldnt find one at the last minute. Also Ben recieved a porsche hose that runs from the brake booster to the intake (we had to cut it in half, so we could install that platic T fitting by the firewall). Lindsey had sent me just 1/2" purosil hose when i ordered the update kit a couple months ago, so maybe that is something new they are carrying, and it fit great. Next up the cam cover
Old 08-14-2004, 03:24 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Thats excellent. I intend to do all that to my 951 once i get it.

Zach

Quick Reply: Powdercoated the intake, vacuum update