Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edman951
This one is in neutral and i get almost 15psi . WOW
That's just too cool!

How much work is it to fit one of those bad boys in? It looks like it's REALLY worth it... I never thought a 951 could get boost that easily...
Old 08-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Edman951
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys
Duke, try it again it should work. Maybe too much traffic.

Randy, The GT30R i got has the same size compressor housing as a T04E. The install wasn't that hard. It just take time. The biggest problen was getting the turbo to sit on the factory mount.
Thanks Sami951
See my post about the install.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=133034

If you guys have any questions just ask.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

Hmm, 15 psi at 3500 isnt thaaaat good, or what? Stage 2 from vitesse with quick spool hits 15psi at around 3200 I`ve heard..

How fast will the GT30R spool when its installed and mapped correctly? Whats better with that one compared to vitesse stage 2 quick spool, or T61 60-1 HIFI?

I`m in need of a new turbo soon myself!!
Old 08-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Edman951
Pro

You are right, 15psi at 3500rpm is not great.
But my turbo has a bigger turbine housing then the one sold by vitesse.
Also, i am not even close to being perfectlly tuned.
This is why i don't have a dyno sheet to show.

You can't really compare turbo's unless you test them on the same car.

But one thing is for sure, having one of most up to date performance BB turbo's on the market does give it an advantage right?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the Vitesse Stage 2 quick spool, which is what I am running, hits full boost in the nieghborhood of 3200rpm's- doesnt feel too much different than stock
Old 08-02-2004, 04:30 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

dang those videos was nutz!!!!!!!!!almost 15psi @nuetral!!insane!!!hope the hks gt3037s im getting spools as great as yours.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

OK, first things first; ECUdooberhead is wrong, even girls (who don't even own a Porsche, and hang around Rennlist because their EX boyfriend was here)know better.

Now, the sound from your first video sounds exactly like how a balance shaft belt sounds when it's too tight. Your inferior camera's microphone doesn't capture the sound accurately, a boom mike would've helped. The other videos (specially when you're building boost) certainly sound a bit different (more like a turbo, less like a belt).

Do you want a video of a 944 with a balance shaft belt that's too tight for comparison?

PS: So in conclusion, in the future, if there's ever any dispute about turbos, ask Amy and not Randy, or myself. I usually disagree with Randy, unless we're talking about what a balance shaft belt sounds like, because those sound just like gt30 turbos at idle recorded with an inferior camera, we certainly agree there.
Ahmet
Old 08-02-2004, 07:08 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn what's your problem ahmet? I have never known you to attack like that before. I love your car and you always have great things to add to rennlist. Maybe I just missed something between you and randy or something.

Oh don't feel bad about amy she is after all very new to porsche's and only has some expeirence with the 951 due to her bf.......that's not her fault...she is on here and probably trying to learn new things everday.

That turbo is awesome....I still think I am going with the to4e because dave has a ton of expeirence with it and I think it's all I need as far as performance....but, damn.....it's just cool to say you got a new GT BB turbo...I am jealous.

Congrat's on the turbo....please please keep us informed on it's progress and number's.....hell if they are as good as I am thinking then I might upgrade down the line sometime.

Badass plain and simple.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:43 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh Edman I noticed you made over 300rwhp on a k26/6.......

I am still on my old 26 right now as well and plan on dyno'ing the car before I change out the turbo....lot's of people doubt I am making 300rwhp on a 26.......can I ask what were your mods when you put down 302? Alsowere you running pump gas?

Thanks.....I got alot of doubter's but, I think my dyno chart will show similar result's.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:41 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

porshhhh951,
I think there was a lot of sarcasm in Ahmet’s post. He and Randy appear to be pretty good friends so I think he was just yanking Randy's chain. That post was just his way of saying "umm yeah, my bad, I guess it is the turbo." The only problem is that he forgot to throw in some emoticon's so that everyone else would know he was jokin'.

Later,
John
Old 08-02-2004, 11:44 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

So it will spool with out any load on the motor?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Edman951
Pro

Thanks porshhhh951,

I made 302rwhp with everything you see in my sig. But with the K26/6 and 94 octane pump gas.
Sure most don't believe it. But i had all the weak links out of the car and good parts and tuning to make that power.
But i will not try and convince others to believe it.
I sure hope you will get good numbers too.

The hybrid T04E that the tuners sell are great turbo's. They work good, make great power and their bolt-on.
Me the reason i went to a GT30R is because i found one locally and i am able to fit it myself.
I will post my result as soon as i dyno it again.

toddk911,
Yes it does.

Ahmet,
No need to record the belts.
My post was only to share the sound of my new turbo witch i think sound pretty cool.
So to end the confusion next time i will bring my car to George Lucas so he can record my car in THX. So you guys won't have to confuse the sounds of my turbo.
Lucky for me i didn't have a stock diverter valve, you would have said i had an Owl in my car. HaHa just kidding
Take care.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:07 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by johne
porshhhh951,
I think there was a lot of sarcasm in Ahmet’s post. He and Randy appear to be pretty good friends so I think he was just yanking Randy's chain. That post was just his way of saying "umm yeah, my bad, I guess it is the turbo." The only problem is that he forgot to throw in some emoticon's so that everyone else would know he was jokin'.

Later,
John
oh lol.....my bad
Old 08-02-2004, 10:21 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Edman,

Only problem I see is that I remember you saying you did the dyno runs in 4th gear, but the ratio listed on the dynapack charts is wrong far as I know. All other dynapack charts I've seen for 951's done in 4th gear had a ratio of about 3.489
Old 08-02-2004, 10:55 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

adrial every car I have ever dyno'd was done in 4th gear.

edman like I said people just don't want to believe....period. Everyone and their brother thinks I am full of it as well.

I have learned to just let it go....I will post my dyno soon enough people can believe what they want to

Quick Reply: video of my car revving w/ GT30R turbo