Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Whats this hose????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:48 PM
87uk944t
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats this hose????

Been having boost/idle problems recently and have been trying to find the cause, in my search i have come across this hose at back of intake manifold, anyone know what it is and where it should go?? Looks about in the region of something that should maybe attach to cycling valve???
TIA Graeme
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2004, 04:10 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Looks like the wastegate line... That would cause boost and ilde probs... lol

It goes to the CV under the intake... Looks like it is time for a MBC or EBC!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:03 PM
87uk944t
Racer

It is the wastegate line, the plastic connector on the cv had broken off, i have now joined the wastegate line(temporarily) to the hose from the reliaboost, i have blocked off the metal pipe that was connected to banjo bolt before and have blocked off one of the pipes at the 'j' pipe, there is the one to the idle stabilizer and a smaller hose and a bigger hose, it is the smaller hose that i have blocked off is this right???? do i need to block off the metal pipe that it was on before (as i have left this open!!)?? have also disconnected electrical connector from top of cv is there anything else i need to do??????
I still seem to have extra air getting in to engine(cannot set idle as revs wont drop low enough) and still hear air being sucked when on boost(which does not hit till 4000rpm)
TIA Graeme

Quick Reply: Whats this hose????