Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

this isnt good

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:30 AM
turbo8
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this isnt good

I was on the freeway today just cruising over to my friends house when all of a sudden i lost oils pressure and the car shut off, i was able to coast off the freeway and able to park in a bad part of town...so my friend who lived amile away came over with some oil since there was no oil on the dip stick..i put in 3 quarts of oil...
i started the car squeeeeeel for about 2 seconds then seemed to idol fine then i started going and when i get to about 2k rpm a get a whining\clanking noise sounds like its coming from the turbo
im scrared to drive it so i left it at my friends house and going to get it on the trailor tomorrow to see what the problem is...
im thinking its pretty bad...i predict the worse...time for rebuild or new engine with a kkk27 turbo
Old 07-28-2004, 05:49 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a good thingh that you turned the car off when you got 0 oil pressure. Just curious, how the heck did you NOT have 3 quarts in the first place? you should have been getting a low oil pressure on idle or driving AND the oil warning light should havfe came on. 3 quarts is a lot of oil.

You MAY just be having rod bearnings. DO NOT DRIVE it untill you find what is wronge, i myself had 0 oil pressure and drove 1 miles or so looking for a place to stop th car ( i was driving at 90 or so and loads of traffic from shoulder to shoulder). so my engine just dies, open the dipstick and smoke comes out.........engine was toast.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

It's wierd that your oil pressure just dropped. Did you see any oil on the ground beneath the car? Sounds like you blew a seal or something ("leave my private life out of this and fix the damn thing" - Kip Adotta). Good advice not to run it again. I hope everything works out.

BTW - Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:59 AM
alpenweissisnice
Addict
Rennlist Member

"Blew a seal? No, that's just ice cream..."

Sorry, old penguin joke I always thought was funny...
Old 07-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Flight_951
Pro

If the turbo went bad it can shoot oil into the intake. I was two quarts low within just a few miles. The oil level light checks the level at startup, which doesn't help here. The pressure light comes on when pressure is lost while the engine is running. I think a bad turbo is the *best case* scenario in this situation.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:46 PM
turbo8
Pro

well when i pored more oil in steam came out of the oil filler hole that cant be good either :-(
Old 07-28-2004, 02:41 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouchm you SURE it was steam not white smoke?

Was the filte ron the car (i think so) and yet steam still came out? damn.........
Old 07-28-2004, 04:07 PM
turbo8
Pro

the filter was on i hope..should of been it looked like steam when i poured the oil in

Quick Reply: this isnt good