Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Snow Performance Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 06:03 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Forthose looking for specific results. This is from a "Do it yourself kit" on a turbo car that has no intercooler. Gives a good idea of just how much cooling effect there is in WI.

"Results: Using this system, I have measured nearly a 90 degree drop in charge temperature at 14psi. This was somewhat unexpected. Realize that since the water vapor occupies some of the space normally occupied by air, the power gain is not comparable to what a 90 degree drop with an intercooler provides. But I am happy with the results. I am also able to run 15psi with 15 degrees advanced timing. The friend that I built the prototype system for, is running 16psi without a problem.These measurements were made on a 90+ degree day. Power delivery feels smoother and my plugs show no signs of detonation."

As per Corkey Bell, for every 15 degree drop in intake temps, you can add 1psi more to an engine.
Old 07-31-2004 | 02:45 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

hahaha... you guys are right. Next time I think of adding some food for thought, I'll refrain.

The guy I know neither priced the kit, nor posted the info on the website. He was simply involved in developing a reliable and failsafe H2O injection system. I won't go into any further details without talking to him first.

Think the price is to high? Well let's see some of the "other" manufacturers post back-to-back dyno pulls showing the difference their kits make. Also consider visiting your local shop and asking them how much they would charge for a system.

If you guys want to spend so little money, why not petition APC to make a product line for our cars? I mean, hey, it works for the civics... right? In the words of Grandmaster Sanchez (if you're reading this... lol, I hope you get a laugh... that is now your Rennlist alias when I refer to you! HA!!) "ride big... pay big."

Quick Reply: Snow Performance Water Injection