Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:05 PM
ztnedman1
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Yea i know luis. I have a Haynes manual and it shows it all. Im at the water pump, i just started this topic up again before taking out the thermostat since its location makes it o so much fun to work with. I was hoping i wouldnt have to... but i guess i do. O well what must be done must be done.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the high-speed fans kick in, does the temperature gauge jump slightly higher?

I got Ice Shark's ground suppliment and negative battery cables, i installed just the ground suppliment cable first and it solved all the grounding problems i have. The temperature gauge stops "jumping" when the fans kicked in as well. Clean all the ground connections first (there was athread on this last week?) on where they are all mounted. Try that first, also try cleaning the two connectors on the temperature gauge sender itself (mine was corroded).

That is if you want to tackle the grounds first before looking into the pump, thermoswitch and/or thermostate........
Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 AM
ztnedman1
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

THANK YOU hosrom. That is what i was looking for.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ztnedman1: No problem, just make sure the contacts are clean, use sandpaper. If you see an improvement but still have "issues" contact Ice Shark and ask about the ground and negative cable (the negative cable on you're car is 99% worn out anyway).

Quick Reply: Overheating?