Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch OH nOOOo

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004 | 12:28 AM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Unhappy Clutch OH nOOOo

This is for my 88-951.
I replaced the clutch master and slave about 2 years ago, then about a 2 weeks ago I found it difficult to engage any gear. I checked the brake fluid and realized it was low and the fluid was black. On the advise of my mechanic I changed the master and using various Rennlist threads bled the clutch system. Now I have a firm pedal, but it is still reluctant to go into gear.
when in-gear and moveing it does not slip but shutters at start-offs because I am trying to hold the clutch in.

Does it need a clutch or is it out of adjustment? I adjusted it both ways at the pedal as much as about 4 cm in either way. the tighter it gets the better the performace.

I can't see clearly in the inspection hole, due to the cross over pipe.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2004 | 12:45 AM
Tb311
Racer

What about checking the slave cylinder?
Old 07-04-2004 | 09:52 AM
Danno
Race Director

"Now I have a firm pedal, but it is still reluctant to go into gear. "

Does the gear-shift lever move easier with the car off? If so, then the clutch is dragging and not disengaging fully. If it's still difficult with the car off, then it's an alignment issue with the linkage.
Old 07-04-2004 | 01:49 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

When I first got my car and got her home literally that night the gear's started to get harder and harder to get into. Then suddenly I could move the gear shift all around.....no slot's whatsoever.lol. I had perry drill a hole through the linkage bolt thing and secue it with a pin. Hasent' gone out on me since.
Old 07-06-2004 | 03:13 AM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

I guess I am trying to delay the inevitable. It has covered 80,000km in 16 years. The last 40km and 4 years in my impetus hands, here in Tokyo where on a normal day it can take 2 hours to move 40km. Anyway. Now the clutch does not seem to disengage and makes a whirring noise when depressed. But when in gear and subsequent changes there is tons of grip and modulations. However, it shutters when stopped in gear and clutch depressed.
PleEaasee save me from a doing a clutch job!!! I will try the slave next as a last resort.

Quick Reply: Clutch OH nOOOo